Charging LEOs to use Club Range

Gotta love the comments 🙄. I need to GTFO of this state

Had to Google what ACAB meant. Apparently it means all cops are bastards. Brilliant idea to post on the police Facebook page….🙄

I don’t know, seems like a pretty good place to air your grievances with said government organization. Well within protected speech. If the police want to punish her for exercising her 1A, then that kind of proves her point.

I don’t know, seems like a pretty good place to air your grievances with said government organization. Well within protected speech. If the police want to punish her for exercising her 1A, then that kind of proves her point.
True. I understand it’s free speech. Maybe I was just looking at it from the viewpoint of a gun owner and not wanting to put spotlight on me

I have told a cop to f*ck off and that he was full of sh*t at a USPSA competiton.

The guy didnt have a badge or uniform on, but he mentioned he was a cop before I gave him sh*t.
I recently checked out a new club, went to two matches there. Ran into one cop who was just rude; one cop who was wearing his badge at the match; and one cop who was selectively enforcing the rules of the game and getting pissy if anyone questioned it. I won't be going back.

Our club property straddles two solidly green towns. We let both PD's use the range a couple times per year, no fee. No issues and if they do quals at night they come on trap night when there is noise anyway. I haven't seen them leave brass near the firing line but there will be some down range. It's always decent 9mm, 40, and/or LC .223 so not a bad score if you want to pick it up.

Funny story. Kid #1 still at home and gets a knock at the door. Uniformed cop. He's thinking, OK Dad- what did you do now? LOL it was our local Sgt. who runs the training and he was dropping off a 5 gal bucket of 1X fired brass because I'm the e-board member responsible for the range and he knows I reload.

YRMV- depends on your situation and whether or not your local PD leans towards 'protect and serve' or 'respect muh authoritah!'.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKJprZqU_oU

I recently checked out a new club, went to two matches there. Ran into one cop who was just rude; one cop who was wearing his badge at the match; and one cop who was selectively enforcing the rules of the game and getting pissy if anyone questioned it. I won't be going back.
What kind of cop wears his badge to a match?
Never mind. 😂

I used to live in Gloucester. Just looked the at the GPD facebook post with the pics. Seems that the post was shared by a few of the liberal city councilors. Now why would the liberal city councilors be doing that? How can this be good for the Cape Ann Sportsman's Club? The neighbors in west Gloucester were successful in getting a range on public property that police were using closed a couple years ago because they whined about the noise. The cops were inviting multiple police agencies, including the coast guard over to do mag dumps etc. Oddly enough my city councilor told me that I was one of a very few who called him in favor of NOT closing that range. It was at Haskell Pond, it was not open to the public, just a play ground for the cops. I supported it on 2A alone just because people were whining about hearing gunfire.....just how I roll regardless of what I may think of the cops at times. I could hear the automatic fire at my house but it was in the distance a bit. I know that the Cape Ann Sportsman's Club is at this time protected by Mass law about the noise but people need to grasp that laws can be repealed. So MAYBE the club should ask the police to refrain form posting pics on their web page? Are the Gloucester cops going to give me a pass if I whip out my CASC membership card if they decide to jack me up on one of those stupid and questionably constitutional gun laws? I doubt it. Maybe for a board member, IDK. Virtue signalling to a group of maybe 200 ain't gonna get you anywhere.

Long ago I was a member of Boston Gun and Rifle and I forget which agency was there qualifying, but I saw everything that I needed to see in the first five minutes to know that I should promptly get the hell out of there if I didn't want to leave with any extra holes. [laugh]
I know they allow SWAT to train there on Saturdays. My question is, now that they've gone lead free (frangible only) I wonder how LEO feel about this requirement and if the range can enforce it properly because cleaning the range of lead awhile back was a lengthy and painstaking process.

From what happened with the new gun bill with MACOPA backing it, no PD's should be allowed to train on club grounds......if they are allowed, they should pay heavily and only be allowed to use crip round mags only and nothing that will be banned in the new legislation.

What I suggested at my club. We don't have PD training currently.....

Some of the responses were.....we want the cops on our side. I simply said.....they obviously aren't on our side.... So why would we accomodate them? Are we an Anti Gun club now?

From what happened with the new gun bill with MACOPA backing it, no PD's should be allowed to train on club grounds......if they are allowed, they should pay heavily and only be allowed to use crip round mags only and nothing that will be banned in the new legislation.

What I suggested at my club. We don't have PD training currently.....

Some of the responses were.....we want the cops on our side. I simply said.....they obviously aren't on our side.... So why would we accomodate them? Are we an Anti Gun club now?
Clubs are afraid of pissing off the PD and causing LTC issuance issues. I say this from personal experience as a BOD member of one club for 14 yrs.

Clubs are afraid of pissing off the PD and causing LTC issuance issues. I say this from personal experience as a BOD member of one club for 14 yrs.
Not mine. Our Rep was always a Republican, and now that that bitch Gobi left, so isn't the Senator. That shit would go up the food chain to them hard and the PD would get blowback for playing that game. Besides....., not nearly everyone in the club is from the town the Club is in.

Even though I usually get my LTC faster than most...as a rule.......Ive sent emails to my Rep when my personal LTC is delayed more than the 40 day law.....and I get a response from the PD pretty quick with an apology, and a date.

I understand this isn't the case in most of MA, there is no accountability under Democrats.

Not mine. Our Rep was always a Republican, and now that that bitch Gobi left, so isn't the Senator. That shit would go up the food chain to them hard and the PD would get blowback for playing that game. Besides....., not nearly everyone in the club is from the town the Club is in.

Even though I usually get my LTC faster than most...as a rule.......Ive sent emails to my Rep when my personal LTC is delayed more than the 40 day law.....and I get a response from the PD pretty quick with an apology, and a date.

I understand this isn't the case in most of MA, there is no accountability under Democrats.
Gobi railed against the Healy AR ruling at the July, 2016 State House rally. I was surprised when Healey gave her a plum sinecure after she became governor. And in a conservative district, which, as you noted, elected a Republican to replace her.

one of the clubs I belong too often rents to local PDs. It's builds that relationship with the abutting towns police.

This month - just about every week day has some part of the club closed/rented for a different PD.

I know they allow SWAT to train there on Saturdays. My question is, now that they've gone lead free (frangible only) I wonder how LEO feel about this requirement and if the range can enforce it properly because cleaning the range of lead awhile back was a lengthy and painstaking process.

I'm sure the government will apply the same level fiscal responsibility and stewardship of taxpayer funds to this procurement as they do to all of the others.

Out the club.

Back
Top Bottom