Up Next - Going after Police Trade-In guns.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Get your police trade in guns now while you can. The next thing the news media is going after.....

About nine times a day over two decades, a gun used in a crime has been traced back to its original owner: a law enforcement agency.

A joint investigation by CBS News, The Trace, and Reveal from the Center for Investigative Reporting has found at least 52,000 such incidents and identified more than 140 police agencies that sell or trade in their guns, allowing dealers to then resell them.
Law enforcement agencies are selling and trading their old duty weapons — often to cut costs when upgrading. A side effect: tens of thousands of those guns have wound up in the hands of criminals.

They've been used in shootings, domestic violence incidents, and other violent crimes, according to records obtained from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and hundreds of U.S. police agencies.

Internal ATF records show at least 52,529 police guns turned up at crime scenes since 2006, the earliest year data is available from the government.

So Falmouth has decided that destroying guns instead of trading them in reduces cost? I must be missing something because I don't see how.

You did miss something. They opted not to reduce cost by trading them in when purchasing replacements.

Interesting however was that they pitched it as having "no added cost" to the residents because the MA State crime lab would destroy the firearms for them "free of charge"

Agreed, beat to heck guns that rarely can be had for 20 percent off retail. For $150, I'll bite, not $300...
Mostly cosmetic and with low round counts.

I recently picked up two LEO trade in Gen 3 G17s from AIM Surplus.

Gonna chop 'em to fit G19 mags and maybe have them milled for PMOs?

Police Trade In Glock 17.jpg

The definition the ATF uses for a “crime gun” is based on a request for a trace. So, the media will pull the most sensational ones, then note the number of “crime guns” so the reader conflates the two to think every trace was for a murder.
Just like how the federal government "calculates" inflation or unemployment numbers.

Falmouth, MA has already opted for destruction of all surplus firearms rather than trade in to reduce costs.
As if 65 guns (the number of officers in Falmouth PD) are going to make a dent in anything.

It's all public virtue signaling, "feel good legislation" on the part of Falmouth .gov.

There's probably twice that number of guns stolen from Falmouth and surrounding homes annually.

“Furnish a stuffy British accent”....[thinking]

💂‍♂️I say, Bobbies do not carry those dangerous firearms.💂‍♀️
You Americans should have paid the stamp & tea taxes back in the 1700s.
We’d have taken jolly good care of you Blok’s.

Much legislation is feel good or incentivized legislation.
This country’s being bankrupted as was GM, GE, ETC.

Last edited:
Falmouth, MA has already opted for destruction of all surplus firearms rather than trade in to reduce costs.

Next they'll be Pee-cycling so they don't have to build a sewage treatment plant.

I recall when it was a townie town. Now it's lib-central. My life-long-democrat dad LEFT Falmouth because "it's too damned liberal there." ROFL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom