Hammock Camping Thread

Photos please.
I'll have to try tomorrow. It won't look like much but I'll see what I can do.

It's a lot stretchier than I'm used to, so it took a few tries to get it so I wasn't on the ground. After the last adjustment I settled into the sweet spot and it was sweet. The ridge line was still tighter than I think it should be, but I was close.

The pull out for the bug net by your head is nice but it seems like you need to pull up, like to a third tree. I jammed a stick in the ground for a stake and that was too low. I'll figure something out.

I tested out the stuff sack that becomes your ridge line storage and it works good. I threw my phone and glasses in there and there's plenty of room for probably a Beretta 92FS and a dozen mags.

I finally had a nice day to set up the Warbonnet properly. It has a head and foot end, so I always take it down foot end first so the head end goes up first. I could also mark the head end carabiner I suppose. It took a couple tries to get it right, but not bad. At first I had it facing the other way, but there was no good place to attach the tie out for the bug net. So I swapped ends and it is SO MUCH NICER with the bug net tied off and pulled away from your face. Suddenly the hammock feels like it has a vaulted ceiling.

The best part, besides how easy it was to setup and comfortable to lay in, was that the bitch ass black flies couldn't get at me.

Head end on the left, and about a foot lower than the foot end. I also have it closer to the foot end tree per Shug's suggestion, and it does seem to keep me nestled in place.

1716171196960.png

View of the other side. Now the foot end is on the left. You can see the stuff sack doubling as ridge line storage. That works really well. You can kind of see the bug net pulled out towards the right. I also have a ton of extra webbing, which will be nice if I only have big fat trees to use.

1716171279893.png

Another shot showing the bug net tie out a little better. There's shock cord built into the hammock, so I just used some paracord and tied it off to a thin tree branch. Plenty of give all around so it doesn't stress the net. The picture kind of sucks, but I have it pulling upwards to hold the net up and away from my face. It makes it so luxurious inside.

1716171458078.png

It's hard to believe the trees were bare last week.

Back
Top Bottom