Plate Carrier/Chest Rig

Naturally I invested in a lightweight plate carrier setup and have added to by belt. How do you go to the range and train without looking like a total tool or dumbass? The thought me of wearing body armor hitting steel targets for practice makes me feel almost worse than larping at home 😂

In house, cqb practice. Backyard do some Richard Simmons shit and get used to the gear. You will change configurations. That was the advice I was given.

The tree is my friend.
I also know my house and it’s construction.

if you need BA you are over matched and are f***ed. Reality!

training in body armor and not looking like a tool, probably impossible.

i train regularly with my belt setup at matches and sig classes

but my body armor and ballistic helmet and nods... has only been larped in.

someone here recommended a class for nightvision training, i might use that as an opportunity to wear plate carrier, since its at night maybe no one will notice :)

I go with armor, but it’s usually my issued armor, belt and helmet. F ‘em if they feel uncomfortable or think I’m weird. I’m getting done what I want to get done to stay competent.
Yeah remember that we don’t all have your privileges. I assume that you are in some service and not cartel lol.
Seriously, thanks for what you do.

Yeah remember that we don’t all have your privileges. I assume that you are in some service and not cartel lol.
Seriously, thanks for what you do.
If I had a personal plate carrier, I’d openly train in that too. I actually probably look even more LARPy than others. Thanks for the support though.

Naturally I invested in a lightweight plate carrier setup and have added to by belt. How do you go to the range and train without looking like a total tool or dumbass? The thought me of wearing body armor hitting steel targets for practice makes me feel almost worse than larping at home 😂

At my old range, I never wore any of my gear. The new range I have been frequenting for the last year (which I am now a member), I use my battle belt every time I go. It also helps that there are other members there who also come with their gear as well.

I don't see any issue with wearing a plate carrier with armor while practicing at the range. Rifle set up, positioning, weight and exertion is totally different with a PC vs not wearing one - it would only benefit you to get used to training/practicing with it on.

You guys recommend any rigs/makers that fit larger frames? I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tube top.

Back
Top Bottom