14 Firearms Stolen From Dracut Home

WTF - had to be an inside job. How the hell do you decide to break into a house AND come prepared to move a 400+ lbs safe? They knew what they were after! Your average B&E jamoke isn't coming prepared for something like that. This was premeditated, planned, and executed.

Last edited:
Yeah. I am somewhat near that area - its near the Centralville Sportsmen's Club. I'm wondering if this person was a member there and these thieves followed him home from the range, or recently completed work in the home. It definitely seems they knew what they were after.

Probably the least of this person's worries - but had he been a few miles down the road in Lowell he would have had his license revoked by that D-Bag police chief.

Oh there is no doubt they knew what they were after. Knew where it was, how to get it out, etc. Knew the homeowner would be away because it would be pretty stupid to attempt a B&E on someone you know is armed like that while they were home.... Any contractors, HVAC techs, etc. who have been in the home recently are now suspects..

This is why even a heavy safe needs to be lagged. At least they would have needed to try to cut into it that way, instead of having all the time in the world to work on it.

Stupidly - I thought, the Lowell sun posted the address in the newspaper. Google earth shows it is a very main road with garage and large fields surrounding the house. Someone driving by had to have seen these people pulling a safe out of the dam house. This road is very busy.

This is actually very close to both the Centralville Sportsmens Club and Methuen Rod and Gun Club

Stupidly - I thought, the Lowell sun posted the address in the newspaper. Google earth shows it is a very main road with garage and large fields surrounding the house. Someone driving by had to have seen these people pulling a safe out of the dam house. This road is very busy.

This is actually very close to both the Centralville Sportsmens Club and Methuen Rod and Gun Club

That road is usually too busy, and it's too narrow to take your eyes off the road and look at the houses. Plus, if anyone did see a van in the driveway, how would you know it's not supposed to be there?

Alarms. They are a must. Yes, I know they can be defeated, but it's better to have one than need it and not.

I hope the owner gets his guns back soon.

So, who here lives in Dracut?

I do but fortunately I wasn't the poor guy. This is all the talk on the various Dracut Facebook groups and while most people "get it" there are a few yahoos blaming the victim. And posing the often asked question "who needs that many guns?" With one idiot saying she thinks no one needs that many guns and thought there was a limit on how many an individual could own. [banghead]

I do but fortunately I wasn't the poor guy. This is all the talk on the various Dracut Facebook groups and while most people "get it" there are a few yahoos blaming the victim. And posing the often asked question "who needs that many guns?" With one idiot saying she thinks no one needs that many guns and thought there was a limit on how many an individual could own. [banghead]

Gotta love it!

These yahoos make this guy come to mind:

http://youtu.be/EF8GhC-T_Mo

And posing the often asked question "who needs that many guns?" With one idiot saying she thinks no one needs that many guns and thought there was a limit on how many an individual could own. [banghead]

They would shit if they got a look at many NES'ers safes. 14 guns is what they take to the range....lol.

I feel for the person who lost these. I sincerely hope they are recovered soon. That has to be an awful feeling.

I feel for the home owner, but how many houses advertise firearms. Think about you see NRA flags and other flags flying in front of people house, trucks or cars in the driveway with Glock and Smith&Wesson bumper stickers plastered all over the back windows.

I'm all for expressing my views, but there is a limit. Did this home owner advertise probably not sounds more like an inside job but I do enough driving and see a lot who do.

Jason.

I feel for the home owner, but how many houses advertise firearms. Think about you see NRA flags and other flags flying in front of people house, trucks or cars in the driveway with Glock and Smith&Wesson bumper stickers plastered all over the back windows.

I'm all for expressing my views, but there is a limit. Did this home owner advertise probably not sounds more like an inside job but I do enough driving and see a lot who do.

Jason.

Ummm, how about piece of shit criminals not breaking into people's houses and stealing their property? Let's start there. I am all about living in the real world but basically what you are saying is people should have to limit their speech (which like the 2A is a protected constitutional right) so they don't become victims of crime. That is what you are saying, correct?

Ummm, how about piece of shit criminals not breaking into people's houses and stealing their property? Let's start there. I am all about living in the real world but basically what you are saying is people should have to limit their speech (which like the 2A is a protected constitutional right) so they don't become victims of crime. That is what you are saying, correct?

I'm saying I don't advertise, not now and not in this environment. 10 years ago sure now no way. Yes it puts a damper on my free speech your right I'm not disagreeing with you there. But those same dirt bags are cruising my neighborhood to.
So for me not you, you choose to do what you like, I will keep my expressions on a anonymous gun forum not on my front lawn.

Jason.

It would be increadible easy to move a 400lb safe....if it's not your house, safe, or guns.
Even for a smash and grabber 400 is easy, a pro could roll a 2000lbs safe out easily..
The trick comes getting it into a vehicle.so if your at 4000lbs most uhauls liftgate won't lift it.

Seems like too much of a safe for 14 firearms and to anyone who would balk and say "criminals get their firearms from law-abiding gun owners"
What else should the victim/ homeowner have done. Hopefully they'll steal from the wrong house soon.

It would be increadible easy to move a 400lb safe....if it's not your house, safe, or guns.
Even for a smash and grabber 400 is easy, a pro could roll a 2000lbs safe out easily..
The trick comes getting it into a vehicle.so if your at 4000lbs most uhauls liftgate won't lift it.

Seems like too much of a safe for 14 firearms and to anyone who would balk and say "criminals get their firearms from law-abiding gun owners"
What else should the victim/ homeowner have done. Hopefully they'll steal from the wrong house soon.

Even a "smallish" fire-resistant gun safe is going to weigh more than 400#. 20 gun safe is probably the smallest you can go and actually fit 14-15 guns in.

I'm not going to fault the victim here, but a monitored security system would have been nice in this case for sure.

Some Bloomberg sheep will now propose that Safes have minimum size and be installed by a professional Safe installer and signed off by the local Leos and that it will need to be insured as well as checked yearly for compliance......for the kids

I am so paranoid about this happening. Fortunately, I have an under garage so anytime I move firearms from the safe to car my car or back again the car is in the garage and hidden from anyone who might see me loading and unloading them from the car. Additionally, I do have an alarm system so if someone does break in hopefully the police will arrive long before they could either get into my safe or cut it loose and move it out.

I want to set up video surveillance in the house too...

I feel bad for this guy. Like others have said either somebody had to know there was a safe in there to be moved or these guys were huge and the safe wasn't bolted down. Or if it was bolted down maybe the rocked it loose. Seemingly no alarm so they would have had plenty of time.

I'm not optimistic but I do hope they can be found.

This is down the street from my house. There have been a number of break ins lately, also cars get rummaged through at night. DPD rarely cruises this side of town, right on the Methuen border...they don't patrol West Methuen either!

I find a lot of people think this way. People are completely oblivious to anything not having to do with them. Heck, I might not notice someone pulling a safe out of a house. If I happened to see it happening I would wonder what was going on, but just because it's a busy area doesn't mean anyone will notice. People also assume that nearby houses mean a neighbor will call the police. Again, that relies on the neighbor seeing it and the activity actually looking suspicious enough to warrant a call to the police. I don't think a busy area is any help to deter a break-in. You need your things secured and insured. If you live in a region where there's even moderate property crime then an alarm is important to.

This is down the street from my house. There have been a number of break ins lately, also cars get rummaged through at night. DPD rarely cruises this side of town, right on the Methuen border...they don't patrol West Methuen either!

I could walk there from my work . There are cops in the area. I normally find them sleeping in there cars behind my work .

There's a good lesson to be learned here. Avoid getting doxxed at all cost. You can bet your ass there are bad people surfing this forum looking for targets. Think twice before you give up information about yourself or boast about your collection. You're only making it easier for the bad guys.

On the flip side, if you're smart then you're good. Without content being provided by people then this forum would be boring as hell.

Some Bloomberg sheep will now propose that Safes have minimum size and be installed by a professional Safe installer and signed off by the local Leos and that it will need to be insured as well as checked yearly for compliance......for the kids
and annual inspections!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I've heard that California requires a safe, and when you buy a new toy, the gun store asks how big your safe is so that the State will know you are in compliance. Could be rumor. They DO have regs on what kind of safe you must have: https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/gunsafe

And:

Roster of Firearm Safety Devices Certified for Sale

Effective January 1, 2002, no firearm may be sold, transferred, or manufactured within California unless that firearm is accompanied by a DOJ-approved firearms safety device (California Penal Code section 23620, et seq).

The safety device requirement does not apply to the following:

Persons who can demonstrate the purchase of a DOJ-approved safety device in the 30 days prior to taking possession of the firearm by presenting the device to the firearms dealer and providing the firearms dealer with a receipt showing the purchase date and model name of the device.
The commerce of any firearm defined as an "antique firearm" pursuant to federal law.
The commerce of any firearm intended to be used by a salaried, full-time peace officer for law enforcement purposes.
Transfers of firearms to persons who demonstrate ownership of a qualifying gun safe. Ownership may be demonstrated by displaying to the firearms dealer: 1) A receipt indicating purchase of, or an affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the purchaser owns a gun safe, and 2) An affidavit, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that the gun safe meets the standards set forth in DOJ regulations.

Again you cannot have enough of these

Camera-Surveillance-Systems.jpg

If you own a lot of these

5zA2N6y.jpg

There's a good lesson to be learned here. Avoid getting doxxed at all cost. You can bet your ass there are bad people surfing this forum looking for targets. Think twice before you give up information about yourself or boast about your collection. You're only making it easier for the bad guys.

On the flip side, if you're smart then you're good. Without content being provided by people then this forum would be boring as hell.

What was I saying a couple of weeks ago about hacking attempts on peoples' accounts?

Everything is a risk. Honestly I am grateful that people here have chosen to share as much as they have. Without the knowledge I gained here I might have written off the entire LTC application process as too daunting. What I read here led me to believe that it was doable for an ordinary person.

You never know who's talking to who, ect.
A few years ago we were thinking of taking one of my son's friends shooting , till he overheard the kid on the bus telling another kid , "Oh ya my Dad's got a 9mm pistol he keeps in his top drawer. [hmmm]
Nixed taking the kid after that.
There was a break in down the road a while back where they went straight to the safe and had the tools already with them to open it.
That was pre scoped and planned.

Back
Top Bottom