• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

16-Year-Old Shot Dead While Allegedly Trying to Steal Car in Texas

PSGWSP

Does the 16 year old need a gun to make this a legal shoot in TX? I thought they could use deadly force to defend property down there.

Texas Penal Code Section 9.421 states a person can use deadly force to protect tangible, movable property from another's imminent commission of theft during the nighttime or to prevent another who is fleeing immediately after committing theft during the nighttime and is escaping with property if the person reasonably....

If the details are correct, it would seem that the kid was in the car trying to steal it. Whether to shoot or not was a tough call that had to be made very quickly.

Texas Penal Code Section 9.421 states a person can use deadly force to protect tangible, movable property from another's imminent commission of theft during the nighttime or to prevent another who is fleeing immediately after committing theft during the nighttime and is escaping with property if the person reasonably....
I need some running away targets [popcorn]

If the details are correct, it would seem that the kid was in the car trying to steal it. Whether to shoot or not was a tough call that had to be made very quickly.
Hopefully the window was open. Bad enough to have to clean blood, but sucks to have to clean glass and replace a window too. I’m sure it’s not worth going after his parent(s) for reimbursement.

Back
Top Bottom