• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

The judge is at least trying to be fare. But, I am thinking, with what he has said and how he said it. He is going to let the kid off.

The judge is at least trying to be fare. But, I am thinking, with what he has said and how he said it. He is going to let the kid off.
i am extremely skeptical on that whole ordeal, as none of such cases these days can really be anything other than a kangaroo court.
it may appear trying to be fair in proceedings, but, the outcome is already decided upon, as the precedent to be set is already verbalized and approved on all levels.

I hope Rittenhouse sees this article so when he wins his case he can turn around and sue CNN and that piece of shit rioter for slander.

Guy is living in a dark fantasy world. Hope they countersue him for being an idiot.

What a world, where you can't call a rioter a rioter.

Rosenbaum is on video fueling a literal dumpster fire, and being dead, isn't likely to be formally charged for that act.
They weren't shot because they were rioting or looting. They were shot because they were attackers, which is all the defense needs to show.

Wow. CNN jumped the shark a long time ago. Now they're actively serving as a PR firm.

I agree with this 100%. My growing concern is it seems in this country, depending on where charges are brought, we are operating with Kangaroo courts.
We're there already. 2020 and the pathetic lack of pandemic restriction help from the courts was a huge problem.

The same courts refuse to give protections for draconian mandates now.

The courts know what the right thing to do. They also know what's best for them politically and professionally. They keep going for the latter.

Judge says OK to call a rioter a rioter: "Kyle Rittenhouse’s legal team can brand the men shot by the teen in Kenosha, Wis., as “rioters” and “looters” when his murder trial starts next week — but prosecutors can’t call them “victims,” the judge has ruled. In a pre-trial hearing Monday, Wisconsin Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder overturned a motion to bar the teen’s attorneys from using such terms "

Esquire said:
the judge said that the terms "rioters," "arsonists," and "looters" could only be used in closing arguments, and then only if the defense has proven that any of the three people Rittenhouse shot in fact were rioting, looting, and/or committing arson that night. They're still not "victims" as far as the judge is concerned

Rioting trial kicks off on November 1st.

Apparently, this judge does stuff like this in all his trials. As long as he's treating Rittenhouse like everyone else he tries, I'm good.

Any lawyer should be able to use a thesaurus and make it clear what was happening.

Legal experts see strong self-defense claim for Rittenhouse
When Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial Monday for shooting three men during street protests in Wisconsin that followed the police shooting of Jacob Blake last summer, he’ll argue that he fired in self-defense. Legal experts say under Wisconsin law he has a strong case. What’s less clear is whether prosecutors will be able to persuade the jury that Rittenhouse created a deadly situation by showing up in Kenosha with an AR-style semiautomatic rifle — and that in doing so he forfeited his claim to self-defense.

View: https://youtu.be/rE8iX5eKXgA

He covered it in his live stream.

I hope the kid is found innocent.

This is the 'left' putting it out on the last day of jury selection as a headline. They have not been involved in the writing of questions, asking of questions in the jury selection. Trial opening statements to start approximately 10:00 AM ET.

I don't feel good about Barnes being kicked off the defense team. But I do understand why the other lawyers might want him gone because of the celebrity ego problem he has.

Back
Top Bottom