1911 Build by Yourself

There is the sticky above but its mostly outdated, just wondering if anyone actually finished a build and how it came out. I am about to order a Caspian frame and slide(finally have the cash) to build the sweetest 1911 I could own, and just looking for advice/tips from people whom have tried, failed or completed the project. Any good reading materials also would be great!
Thanks!

Also if anyone has any opinions of either carbon steel or stainless, specif. tensile strength and when in contact with titanium, i.e, I am looking at a titanium frame and trying to decide whether carbon or stainless will last longest.

I just finished a Caspian slide and frame came out nice,I bought the stan slide and frame,you can go crazy on this stuff .You must have the tools and patience dont rush anything time is your friend.I spent a few hundred dollars on maching the front strap and bought a barsto barrel and some bomar mar sightsi can go on but cannot type worth of shat.Do alot of reading Jerry Kuhnsean manl 1-2 1911 forum is a great place to start. good luck Jim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom