• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTK - Interest in Build Party

Want to know if there is interest in having a ComBloc type pew pew Build party, maybe in Mass or NH even. I have some build tools but no hydraulic press, I'm sure other members have tools as well. We could all get together on a weekend and press out a few new family heirlooms ....just a thought
Thanks , T

Edited 22Jul23 - just so y'all know I have a 100% Recreators Blank, Polish Underfolder that I wanted to build and yes it was an FFL Transfer and purchase...

Last edited:
hiding watching GIF by South Park

Want to know if there is interest in having a ComBloc type pew pew Build party, maybe in Mass or NH even. I have some build tools but no hydraulic press, I'm sure other members have tools as well. We could all get together on a weekend and press out a few new family heirlooms ....just a thought
Thanks , T

Edited 22Jul23 - just so y'all know I have a 100% Recreators Blank, Polish Underfolder that I wanted to build and yes it was an FFL Transfer and purchase...
There may be some reluctance to host a build party. Potential for legal issues as a host and folks being cautious about working with others they don't know could be reasons. Certainly a build party would be helpful and good luck, hope you find something.

I built my AK during a wu flu quarantine via a FEG parts kit. While not a detailed step by step how-to, my thread does describe many of the ins and outs of the build process. There are plenty of websites and Youtube videos for the details. I'm sure you are aware that building an AK not only requires a press but also requires many specialty parts. I made my own table top press as well as most of the specialty parts.

Wu Flu Quarantine Build - Hungarian FEG AK - w/ Pics

The press is more than powerful enough to do anything necessary. As you source parts, don't forget to spend money on good ol' USA parts for 922r compliance. This was a fun project and thanks to catching covid and being quarantined I had some time to work on it. I probably won't do another until I'm retired, LOL. This is most definitely true-

1586740324185-png.347577

Good luck!

I still have the polish underfolder and maybe another if all goes right. I also acquired more tools this last month but still looking for a trigger guard rivet tool.

Back
Top Bottom