• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911A1

Hi All,
Anyone know where to get an honest and straight appraisal of an original Colt1911A1 in MA ? Anyone know where to buy a collectable 1911 or 1911A1 in MA ?

You're not going to get an accurate appraisal by giving a vague description. Are you trying to buy or sell?

You're not going to get an accurate appraisal by giving a vague description. Are you trying to buy or sell?

He wasn't asking for an appraisal from here, so its a moot point. If someone is interested in butying it (if he is selling it) then sure, ask away.

Obviously I'm not looking for an appraisal online. I'm looking for a reputable individual or shop to vist. I'm in the market to purchase.

Four Seasons in Woburn is a great place to go. Ask for Carl. if you tell him that you're looking for a no-BS quote for a gun then that is what he'll give you.

Last edited:
I'm a 1911 addict and shop for them all the time. One place that has a lot of them is Tackle unlimited in Stoughton. Go to gun broker and hit pistols and then type in Ma. and you will see some of his stuff.

Another place that I really like, is Collectors Gallery in Stoneham. They always seem to have a few.

Paul Dias is an auctioneer, collector and FFL with expertise in old guns.

He's in Hanson, MA, but call first as he may be off somewhere appraising something, etc.

(781) 447-9057

Tell him Len from Braintree R&P sent you. I have no idea about his prices/deals. I know him from the club and had him give me a rough idea what a War Trophy Luger was worth a few years ago.

I think the world of Four Seasons, but if I'm shopping for high end collectibles I'd be looking elsewhere. Carl's clientèle are CCW'rs and target shooters, not typically people looking for $1500-2000 1911s.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Anyone know where to get an honest and straight appraisal of an original Colt1911A1 in MA ? Anyone know where to buy a collectable 1911 or 1911A1 in MA ?

I saw an absolutely GORGEOUS Ithica 1911 with original box (no holster though) from the early 40's today at Wilmington. I asked the guy how much as it wasn't tagged and he said .... $2400 OUCH !
but man was it a beauty....

If it's a Ithica 1911 with a parkerized feed ramp it's worth it. Ithica made a small run of 1911's with parkerized ramps, around Sept-Oct. 1944 and shipped them to the Army. When the ordnance dept. got them they accepted them but made them switch back to unfinished ramps. Those are pretty rare.

Last edited:
If it's a Ithica 1911 with a parkerized feed ramp it's worth it. Ithica made a small run of 1911's with parkerized ramps, around Sept-Oct. 1944 and shipped them to the Army. When the ordnance dept. got them they accepted them but made them switch back to unfinished ramps. Those are pretty rare.

I checked the SN and it was from 1945, so I guess that leaves that out.... Good info to know though - Thanks

I think Marc over at Zero Hour Arms in Easton used to collect vintage GI 1911s himself. In any case, he showed me an exemptionally good condition Remington Rand in the shop one time and I was really impressed at how much knowledge he had regarding this old war horses.

Marc is extremely knowledgeable about a very large range of guns. Not only that, he's a real nice guy as well. Tap his brain, it will be well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom