• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2 killed, others injured after Virginia high school graduation ceremony: 'Is nothing sacred any longer?'

Reptile

NES Member

A 19-year-old suspect in custody; second graduation ceremony planned at the Richmond theater where the shooting occurred was canceled.​

Two people were killed and five others were injured Tuesday after a suspect opened gunfire near Virginia Commonwealth University following a high school graduation ceremony.

VCU police said the shooting occurred around 5:13 p.m. in the area of Monroe Park, near the campus' Altria Theater after a recently-concluded graduation ceremony for Huguenot High School.

One of the victims killed was an 18-year-old male who had just graduated, and the other was a 36-year-old male, police said.

Continues...

We all knew this would happen somewhere in the country. I predict more of these "graduation" attacks this year.

We all knew this would happen somewhere in the country. I predict more of these "graduation" attacks this year.
They better hurry, then.

My niece out in California graduated on 21 May. New England tends to graduate later than the rest of the country, and most New England high schools graduated over the past two weeks.

They better hurry, then.

My niece out in California graduated on 21 May. New England tends to graduate later than the rest of the country, and most New England high schools graduated over the past two weeks.
Well, I like to be proven wrong.

Now, onto attacking vacation spots!

The shooters went there with the intent to kill. They accomplished that. Premeditated all the way. Why not first degree murder?

Amari Ty-Jon Pollard needs to sit in the angry chair.

In addressing the media Tuesday evening, Virginia Lt. Gov. Winsome Earle-Sears spoke of "gang activities"and "criminal activities" permeating the city of Richmond.

"This is not about law-abiding gun owners. This is about gangs," the Republican said, pushing back against those calling for tighter gun control.

"Who is in charge? Is that the mayor? Is that the chief?" she added, referring to Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney, a Democrat, and Edwards. "I mean, let’s start naming names," she said.

BASED

No limits on hood bangers fulfilling gang orders for a hit. The only true deterrent is said banger suddenly staring down the barrel of a situationally aware conceal carry armed bystander .

How did a 19 year-old 'legally' purchase a handgun? lack of sufficient laws is not our problem. It's scumbags who don't obey laws that are the problem. If laws worked to prevent crime, the simple one banning assault is all we'd have ever needed.

Back
Top Bottom