• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

All the more reason to at a bare minimum fire him for incompetence, and if people want to make it spicy do that and then seek the appropriate criminal charges.

F' people like this guy. He's the chief of his department. That's his little fiefdom. BULLSHIT he didnt know who was in charge.
I’ve been through the active shooter training many times. The first guy on scene is in charge of the scene until he is properly relieved. If a handful get there around the same time or the first guy is a knuckle head, then the highest ranking guy takes charge.

If the chief showed up 20 minutes after the first cops, he technically may not have been in charge if the first responders already had a plan in action.

Either way, the first two guys on scene go in and rush the shooter. No grey there at all. It’s the entire concept behind active shooter training. This was a failure all around from the top down. F all those cops.

That wasnt exactly a bright spot

Oh I agree. I was just mentioning it as an illustration of how much things have changed. At one point, cowardice was looked at as a fundamental wrong, so wrong they’d literally kill you for. Now, not only is it not viewed negatively, it’s a steadfast foundation of police.

While execution may be too harsh, I think it’s closer to being right then this moral failing that is the “I get home safely” principle of todays policing.

Because people, especially kids, freeze more than likely. A properly barricaded door would stop most attackers long enough for the supposed calvary to arrive. But, it seems the last couple of incidents, we might need to change our tune.
This. I watched the NZ mosque shooting and there were a few people who were running, but in the main hall everyone ran against a wall and stuck to it, frozen in fear. That same thing likely happened in the Pulse nightclub, so the thought that even adults can have their wits about them and bumrush a shooter is silly.

Barricading can work for and against an active shooter. What makes a difference is an armed opposing force and the Donks, the teacher's unions, and anti's are willing to go to war to prevent any armed staff in a school.

freaking idiots. How about NOT making schools into supermax prisons? There's an out of the box idea.

WHy not just tell the kids, if there's a lunatic in the school, just run the f*** out of there. Kids can run really fast. How does locking everyone in
help anything at all?
It doesn't
The teacher in the video I posted realized while the shooting was going on following the policy was a tragic error.
All it did was create a fish in a barrel situation.
I always told my son when he was in school GTFO, if you have to go through the teacher to do it fine, but GTFO.

ALICE, which encourages evacuation, is a newer modality than "cower in place." That older philosophy led to a fortress mentality.

Schools take awhile to get approved and built. Generally, schools built/retrofitted since about 2015 or so are easier to get out of, but the ones from earlier usually reflect the older paradigm. This school looks to me like it was built around the '80s, then probably remodeled after Columbine during the "cower in place" era.

A lot of schools built that way have to wait now until there are funds available to un-build them that way, if that makes sense. It's a real shame. Especially in an elementary school that's 100% ground-floor real estate; those should be easy to un-ass.
Evacuation windows should be easy to retrofit on a one level building

Sorry if it's a dupe .
I know this guy is on the gun control bandwagon now , but it made me heartsick to listen to this.
"You had bullet proof vests, I had nothing . " [angry]

That brings tears to my eyes.. that poor guys has to live with that.

I’ve had some bad days… that’s off the charts f***ed. Good for him speaking out.

He’s going to need professional help.

I hope the surviver remorse doesn’t kill him.

Evacuation windows should be easy to retrofit on a one level building
The kids in Uvalde who evacuated mostly did so through the windows, and seemed to have no problem doing so.

One of the issues the CoP is talking about was the robustness of the door. Though why they didn’t breach through the window is beyond me.

The kids in Uvalde who evacuated mostly did so through the windows, and seemed to have no problem doing so.

One of the issues the CoP is talking about was the robustness of the door. Though why they didn’t breach through the window is beyond me.
Bad planning if the PD doesn't have master keys to the school on file, along with layout plans to the building.

Bad planning if the PD doesn't have master keys to the school on file, along with layout plans to the building.
I'll bet the PD did have master keys.

The way this is going, I wouldn't be even slightly surprised to hear that they forgot where they were. Or forgot who had control of them. Or that person was in the bathroom.

Or that the CoP would have brought the master key in, but left it so that he could have both hands for his Glock...

Biden owns two shotguns..

“ It’s not that easy to blow somebody’s brains out”

Apparently mass shooters find it pretty easy.

f***ing clown

In other words, "The second amendment doesn't cover all guns. But it definitely covers MY guns."

Rights for me, not for thee. What an ass.

They are probably $30k custom shotguns you'd be an idiot to ever even put a shell into.
A 2013 quote from Biden showing a) his cluelessness is nothing new, and b) he's never tried to handle an AR-15.

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you."

A 2013 quote from Biden showing a) his cluelessness is nothing new, and b) he's never tried to handle an AR-15.

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you."
AR 15's are like air rifles, so yeah, my 10 year old could handle one. I've seen a 13 year old rock one full auto. We did have two FI's near him, but he didn't have a problem. I think he broke his face when he was done though.

The grin wasn't ear to ear, it almost touched on the back of his head.

obama_firing_gun.jpg

White House released a photo of Obama shooting a low capacity shotgun some years ago. Biden also highly recommends a double barreled shotgun. These are the types of guns our presidency has approved for us mere civilians. Not Semi Automatic Assault-Rifffle-Weapons-Of-War. Meanwhile, these guys are protected by 24/7 armed detail dudes with HK416s, MP7s, P90s, Glock 18s, Chevy Surburban mounted vulcan cannons, SAMs and F16s at the ready. Lol.

All part of the leftist agenda. Cops faced with extraordinary circumstances and dealing with it right or wrong will be a challenge. Let's face it. This BS is not what we all grew up with. Answer is to deal with leftist's accordingly. Fire their ass, don't hire, undermine at every opportunity. F them up. Eye for an eye.

All part of the leftist agenda. Cops faced with extraordinary circumstances and dealing with it right or wrong will be a challenge. Let's face it. This BS is not what we all grew up with. Answer is to deal with leftist's accordingly. Fire their ass, don't hire, undermine at every opportunity. F them up. Eye for an eye.
And never ever give up your guns to either of them.

Holy f***, I want to hear this story!

Back
Top Bottom