.22 recommendation

Well my local gun shop didn't have any type of .22 in stock for me to check out. I am going to go to another one this weekend. My local shop only has Brownings and Rugers so I will need to go to another anyway to check out other brands. Anyone else have an opinion on the Browning?

Well my local gun shop didn't have any type of .22 in stock for me to check out. I am going to go to another one this weekend. My local shop only has Brownings and Rugers so I will need to go to another anyway to check out other brands. Anyone else have an opinion on the Browning?

Browning buckmarks are great shooters, well I can say were. My experience with them is with my family's back in the day and they were great.
No opinion on what's being produced today.

If you start looking for a High Standard, look for an old gun preferably with a 7 inch barrel, East Hartford or Hamden, the new Texas guns are horrible. They are great shooters but they are known to finicky with magazines and ammo. I got lucky with the 5 new mags that I bought for my Supermatic Trophy, they all feed flawlessly.

If you opt for a new gun, don't forget to look at the Browning Buckmarks. There is a target model with an adjustable rear sight. Also a very nice shooter, my S/O has one and it shoots almost as nice as my 35 year old Trophy.

You're right. When I said "used" High Standard I should have said "original". The old guns are great but the new MFR leaves a lot to be desired.

The High Standards are a little out of my range I am looking to keep it under 400 dollars. What brands should be avoided at all cost.....if any?

Probably cause it's not a 45 and not a gun he's ever even seen or held or shot and owned. IMHO

Too funny. It seems with the surfing I have been doing that the Ruger is the most recommended .22. Is the reason for this the amount of customization that can be done to it or is it just a good overall piece.

Too funny. It seems with the surfing I have been doing that the Ruger is the most recommended .22. Is the reason for this the amount of customization that can be done to it or is it just a good overall piece.

IMNSHO, they're rock solid. I recommend them because they shoot very well and last for ages. I also recommend the MK I and II for the same reasons.

Can we keep the personal shots to a minimal level? Like, non-existent. Please, thank you.

PAT RI, if you can buy a Buckmark in RI, it's a great gun. They aren't on the approved list here in Mass. They bring big bucks here if you can find them. For actual retail price I would consider it a bargian.

I've had one since 1993, and I love it. I have the Ruger MK1 and MKll also, and at least a dozen other .22's. The Buckmark is a modernized version of the old Colt Woodsman, and it is a fine firearm. Quality and service equal to the Ruger, but without as many add on accessories.

Everyone who fires my Buckmark wants one.

Probably cause it's not a 45 and not a gun he's ever even seen or held or shot and owned. IMHO

Welcome to the forum. You might want to skip the insults if you hope to stick around.

I have seen, held, and shot a Walther P22. Most unreliable POS I've ever seen.

Well I'll let you guys know what I decide on I hope to buy something this weekend and pick it up next weekend. What sucks for me is I do not have any friends that shoot so I can't really try out anything before buying.

I bought mine a little over a month ago, cleaned it,oiled it and shoot the sh*t out of it [smile]. Haven't done any mods. and have fed Winchester, Federal and even the Remington Goldens through it without any problems. The first time you field strip it can be a little challenging and a few F bombs will fly[angry2] but it's really not all that bad. If you happen to be passing through WMass this week you're welcome to try mine, even if you can't try one at least try and handle each one and see which one feels best. My dealer had both the S&W and the Ruger and I hated the feel of the S&W, I have 0 regrets about buying my Ruger and would like to find another one for the GF...Good luck

That is one reason member only shoots with this forum are so valuable. Our GREEN members meet together often to shoot and exchange ideas and equipment.

Best $19 you'll ever spend. I even invite GREEN members over to shoot with me at my gun club. Lots of other guys and gals do too.

I'm in the same boat. I bought a M&P 9mm and have spent a fortune on the ammo. I was in North Shore Firearms today and saw all the .22 ammo stacked up and how cheap it is. I looked at a few pistols, and the Walther P22 really felt great. The problem is, I just bought a WASR-10[smile].............The fiancee will be pretty upset with another pistol.

This is getting as expensive as my car obsession[hmmm].

PAT RI, if you can buy a Buckmark in RI, it's a great gun. They aren't on the approved list here in Mass. They bring big bucks here if you can find them. For actual retail price I would consider it a bargian.

I've had one since 1993, and I love it. I have the Ruger MK1 and MKll also, and at least a dozen other .22's. The Buckmark is a modernized version of the old Colt Woodsman, and it is a fine firearm. Quality and service equal to the Ruger, but without as many add on accessories.

Everyone who fires my Buckmark wants one.

I have a Browning Buckmark that I use for weekly Bullseye matches. It has never had a failure of any kind using CCI Standard or Federal bulk pack ammo. I've had one or two failure to fires but they were not the guns fault. Mine was produced in 1995 and is extremely reliable. It was my first year shooting Bullseye and was able to shoot a personal best 276 out of 300. I also think I have the highest average for my rank.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom