• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

. 22 Rimfire Ammo With "Boxer Primer" ?

Looking through TSUSA .22 rimfire offerings and noticed for the first time several varieties that list "boxer" under primer in the description. How does this work in a rimfire gun? I feel pretty dumb asking this as I've been shooting for a long time and never seen this before.

Is that even possible? Rimfire, by description, would not have a separate “centerfire” primer. Maybe a typo?

Link?

Is that even possible? Rimfire, by description, would not have a separate “centerfire” primer. Maybe a typo?

Link?
I thought it must be a typo, but it shows up in 2 varieties I looked at. Sorry, technologically challenged, can't do link. Go on TSUSA and select CCI clean subsonic 40 grain and look at the description, across from "primer" it says boxer. It also shows up in description of one of the Wolf brand. 22lr. offerings. I'm sure you're right, it has to be a typo.

I thought it must be a typo, but it shows up in 2 varieties I looked at. Sorry, technologically challenged, can't do link. Go on TSUSA and select CCI clean subsonic 40 grain and look at the description, across from "primer" it says boxer. It also shows up in description of one of the Wolf brand. 22lr. offerings. I'm sure you're right, it has to be a typo.
Many Wolf-branded centerfire rounds are (were?) boxer primed; I suspect somebody did a large-scale search-and-replace to include this flag on Wolf offerings and didn't exclude rimfires.

Back
Top Bottom