.22 Rimfires

Any recommendations on stores in MA that carry a variety of .22 Rimfires? Looking to get back into rifle target shootings. It's been a long time and it's pretty difficult to tell from the websites. Thanks!

I just bought a sig mosquito that seems pretty nice... Only likes CCI mini mags though. I tried running the CCI quiet rounds and it would not eject the spent case then put the mini mags and ran fine.. Friday night Grrr gear had 2 in stock....

Well, the Mosquito would not do very well for "rifle target shooting". lol

I can't imagine that anyone would have something.

I have a Sig mosquito and I usually bring gun cleaner & rem oil to the range. It gets dirty after about 300 rounds of federal ammo, acts up and requires some tlc. CCI mini is suggested, but I will buy the cheapest ammo available.

Well, the Mosquito would not do very well for "rifle target shooting". lol

I can't imagine that anyone would have something.
ah crap I didn't read the entire post... Oops sorry.. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Sig mosquito and I usually bring gun cleaner & rem oil to the range. It gets dirty after about 300 rounds of federal ammo, acts up and requires some tlc. CCI mini is suggested, but I will buy the cheapest ammo available.
i tried the quiet ammo and it wouldn't eject the spent cases

What kind of target shooting are you looking to do? If you just want to kill some cans, and clay pigeons, I would look at Marlin, Savage, or Ruger for a simple cheap .22. They have them in all types of flavors and prices, and can be very accurate to boot.

[cerberus];2819378 said:
What kind of target shooting are you looking to do? If you just want to kill some cans, and clay pigeons, I would look at Marlin, Savage, or Ruger for a simple cheap .22. They have them in all types of flavors and prices, and can be very accurate to boot.
Or shoot at your awesome swingers.

If you can find it, the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 is pretty sweet. I had a blast with it at the New bedford steel challenge shoot.

Ruger Mark III for handgun, and a Ruger 10/22 with a scope. Ruger 10/22 and a scope will run you about $300 new. I picked my 10/22 at Pullman Arms in Worcester, give them a call or check the website!

You can find a .22 rifle in most gun shops, I try to support local Gun Shops over chain sporting good stores. I like the 10/22, they can be modified pretty easily. I also have a Marlin Model 60 which never gave me any problems.

The Marlin Model 60 is a very sweet shooter, for not a lot of money. I picked up a used, later model (plastic trigger guard) for less than a hundred bucks. But, I did end up having to replace the recoil buffer -- not noticed until I took it to the range.

Back
Top Bottom