.25 ACP defense ammo?

GSG

A co-worker owns an old Colt Pistol in .25 ACP, it's his only gun, and he asked me about defense ammo for it. I don't own any little guns like that anymore, so I was just wondering if anyone here had any input on what to use?

I've seen .25 ACP Speer Gold Dot, but I'm wondering if a bullet that small and slow in hollowpoint would be able to expand and go deep enough to stop someone.

What do you guys carry in .25 ACP?

i carry a psp-25 at times. 25 acp really isn't a great defensive round unless you shoot in areas like groin,knee etc.i have looked for 25+p and it does not exist..22 lr is much better for defense than 25. when i carry it though i use remington hollowpoints

do your friend a favor and tell him to get a compact 9mm or a good old fashioned Model 60.

Any money he spends on ammo for that thing is wasted money

If its a decent old Colt, he may be able to trade it in and get something a bit better. i would not go below a .32ACP for protection, and I'd pick a .22LR over a .25 assuming he still wants a "pocket gun".

When I was carrying my Colt jr .25, I carried Glaser Safety slugs in it and reg FMJ in the 2nd mag.

25 AUTO 35 GR. 1100 FPS/ 94 FTLBS GLASER SAFETY SLUG BLUE #12 6 ROUND PACK

If its a decent old Colt, he may be able to trade it in and get something a bit better. i would not go below a .32ACP for protection, and I'd pick a .22LR over a .25 assuming he still wants a "pocket gun".

SIG P230 .380! A .32 is still a purse gun. A brick is still better.

I'm sure the OP knows the .25 sucks, but he asked for defensive ammo suggestions, not recommended replacements.

A hollowpoint or a safety slug in a .25 is an absolute joke. FMJ out of a .25 barely has any penetration, you want to eliminate what you got so that the bullet will expand to .30"?

Tell your friend to use only FMJ, and look on the boxes for the highest velocity rounds he can find.

it worked for her:

A New Orleans woman faces up to 40 years in prison for firing a gun into her husband's face on Mardi Gras 2004.

Leslie Troy Godfrey, 39, died of a .25-caliber bullet wound to his brain the evening of Feb. 24, 2004. When she turned herself in, his wife admitted to the shooting but claimed self-defense from a history of domestic abuse.

I know the .25 is a wimpy round. [grin] The least amount of gun I'll carry is a sub-compact .357 SIG Glock. Seems like a .25 ACP might work as a heat-of-the-moment murder pistol, but not so well for ending a fight fast.

I think some fast FMJ will be my recommendation for him then. He's an older gentleman, a little set in his ways, I'll see what I can do about talking him into something bigger and better, and post results.

Tell your friend to practice his fastball and throw the gun at the assailant's face broadside.

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom