3 July Westfield USPSA Classifier 6 Stateg

what's the minimum round count for this event? still trying to figure out if I have time to go to this. thanks in advance. I'm a newb to this stuff like dirtypacman. thanks in advance.

Hmm, what should I get classified in? Limited or Limited 10? Shoot production now, I wonder what it would be like to load up those mags to full capacity?

It depends on what you want out of USPSA, divisions are very different when you think about it.

production - lots of reloading, more stage planning (IMO), good training for real life scenarios.
L10/SS - similar to production
Limited / open - Racing, straight up how fast can you smoke the course and hit a good number of A's racing.

Hmm, what should I get classified in? Limited or Limited 10? Shoot production now, I wonder what it would be like to load up those mags to full capacity?

Same boat, production shooter so far but thinking of using this match to try and classify lim or lim10. I can do limited10 with major loads in my production gun (USP) but doing Limited will require getting the Glock22 up and running and getting used to shooting it. Crap, and find another pre-ban mag for it. Or I could try and get my Production rank higher, but I doubt I have any hope of getting out of the C range. Then again I ZEROd my last classifier so I might need extra stages to get that out of there :(

Decisions decisions....

SThen again I ZEROd my last classifier so I might need extra stages to get that out of there :(

Zero'd classifiers don't count. Anything more than 5% below the bottom of your current classification bracket gets dropped, as do any under 2% (only affects D shooters).

It depends on what you want out of USPSA, divisions are very different when you think about it.

production - lots of reloading, more stage planning (IMO), good training for real life scenarios.
L10/SS - similar to production
Limited / open - Racing, straight up how fast can you smoke the course and hit a good number of A's racing.

Every division is how fast can you smoke the course and hit A's racing. none of it is good training for real life.

Anyways, classifiers matches are fun to watch everyone go balls to the wall. Most crash and burn

Zero'd classifiers don't count. Anything more than 5% below the bottom of your current classification bracket gets dropped, as do any under 2% (only affects D shooters).

hmmm, my current class is U...hopefully that means we can all just agree to forget that whole Six Chickens incident ever happened [banghead].

Anyways, classifiers matches are fun to watch everyone go balls to the wall. Most crash and burn

Yep.... been there done that. Winning a classifier match means virtually nothing.. so when you crash and burn it's really a complete waste of time. However if this is the choice you take you may learn something, hopefully- that the mental part of the game is HUGE.

Awesome! Yet another match I need to attend! I'm becoming so poor shooting all these matches. I can see it now, I will be on the side of the road with the cardboard sign "Need money for bullets"

none of it is good training for real life.

Sure it is; I'm not saying that USPSA is combat training, but how many times during a season do you need to do a tap/rack/bang or work on fast and smooth reloads. Those are real world skills that can be improved by USPSA. Drills are great, but doing it under some pressure is better.

Sure it is; I'm not saying that USPSA is combat training, but how many times during a season do you need to do a tap/rack/bang or work on fast and smooth reloads. Those are real world skills that can be improved by USPSA. Drills are great, but doing it under some pressure is better.

Doing 1 tap/rack a match or a season isn't training, neither is 10 reloads a match. Skill is what you have from training. You go to a match to test your skill, not learn it

I use a local police officer for my FFL transfers in CT Craig Callaway. He's low priced and I like giving him the business.

Today he is at the range training officers in his department. The biggest problem is anticipating the shot. (Jerking the trigger)
If we learn to just control that we're WAY WAY ahead.

Dan S,

I want to go to the INDY shotgun match. Up in the air right now, the wife will be gone to a Martial arts seminar all morning. Unless my daughter is free I might have to baby sit our ailing greyhound.

Shooting a shotgun=OK, reloading a shotgun= need work!!!
This would be a good chance for me to take a beating and get motivated to practice.

David E.

Shooting a shotgun=OK, reloading a shotgun= need work!!!
This would be a good chance for me to take a beating and get motivated to practice.
David E.

Loading the shotgun IS work, that needs practice. I thought I saw that you're going to shoot the Pro-Am at Rockcastle. You'll have to practice before that. Hopefully will see you at Independent.

Yes, I'm shooting in AM at Rockcastle, are you shooting the match? I really haven't shot much 3 gun and no major 3G matches, I plan to shoot the INDY 3G for sure. Like you said, there is significant shotgun work in the Rockcastle AM stages, I'll be ready! Man I'm staying busy, plan to get classified in USPSA also! Should be an eye opener, the %/hit factor scoring thing is all new. I like the fact that USPSA seems geared toward speed more than IDPA, no hit on IDPA here, just different. I do hope to make the INDY match this sat, really nice group of people. I tend to be over focused at matches and seem like just a grumpy old guy......maybe I am?

I'll have to be sure and say hello if I am there and put a face to Dan S. I may already have met you but I'm old and forgetful.

David E.

I was one of the other old guys on your squad at the May rifle match. So, we didn't really meet, but have shot together.
I'm not shooting the ProAm. I was at Rockcastle in April for the Blue Ridge 3 gun. Topton, and then Rocky Mountain are where else I'm shooting this season, for travelling matches. You'll find that 3 gun matches are like USPSA rather than IDPA in shooting styles. Scoring is usually Time Plus, which was in use before IDPA started. Make sure that you read the rules for each match, prior to shooting. Penalties can vary, and do, for different matches. Equipment rules can vary slightly, but, not drastically.
There is a thread in the General Competition section, concerning 3 gun.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/110921-3-gun-noob-advice-kilothread?daysprune=365
It's been quiet for a while. Some good info, some smartazz info too.[grin]

And thanks to SuperEgo, some good smartazz info. [wink]

He's been quiet lately. (Kind of!) He's also been shooting iron sights, and got a Mossberg 930 for Tactical at 3 gun matches. Come to think of it, that's getting scary.[shocked]

He's been quiet lately. (Kind of!) He's also been shooting iron sights, and got a Mossberg 930 for Tactical at 3 gun matches. Come to think of it, that's getting scary.[shocked]

I've actually had to show up to work. No really, I actually showed up to the office, they thought I was a new employee.

As long as he doesn't buy a Glock...

I bought a glock barrel the other day, just so I could throw it away.

There were rumors I shot a IDPA match last week.. I can assure you, they are not true

And when you're gone, you stay gone

I've actually had to show up to work. No really, I actually showed up to the office, they thought I was a new employee.

I bought a glock barrel the other day, just so I could throw it away.

There were rumors I shot a IDPA match last week.. I can assure you, they are not true

"And when you're gone, you stay gone"
like Marsellus said;
Who gives a f#^% about you?
NOBODY!

PS
By the way, Lopez & I shot in NY last Saturday,
all hi caps were welcome, stop hiding, come out of the closet!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom