300 Blackout: Best Cartridge You Don't Need {POUT} nutnfancy

Everyone I know that shoots 300BO reloads. Considering the amount of .223 left over from a qual day, there's plenty of brass to cut down and resize. Only thing you have to actually buy are the primer/projectile/powder. The reloading allowed him to really tweak what his gun likes both su and super sonic.

In my opinion If you have to reload to offset cost of ammo or "tweak" a round then that's another reason not to own 300blk, if im gonna reload i'll reload 308, and i would say most people don't reload, they just want to go to dicks or the local shop for ammo.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.
Where after eating a dozen Krystal burgers. Set off a tactical poop in our bathroom and nearly killed my whole family![smile]

Talk about supersonic blackout! Wheew..Wee...

Last edited:
The only advantage is being able to run suppressed with subsonic or supersonic ammo on the same gas setting, reliably. Other than that it's a novelty caliber IMO, no point in investing in one for unsupressed uses.
Do not forget the advantage in a SBR. A 300blk SBR has more energy and is less blasty than an equivalent 223 SBR, when 223 gets short past a certain point it also tends to lose reliability. It is also a whole lot more potent than a 9mm SBR.

If you want a compact effective SBR 300blk is hard to beat.

I happen to enjoy shooting my 300BLK very much. I also shoot my 5.56's and 7.62 and being able to change calibers is a major reason I bought a LMT. One day I will have it suppressed away from here.
I own several black guns for the same reasons I own many pistols of many calibers. Mainly because I can and I want to. No single pistol does it all either.

It's why I don't have anything in 300blk :( No cans sucks, then again we even get sbr stamps anymore anyway.

I bought mine for hunting. Have a can in jail until about january. Total anti-Fudd setup for deer. 10.5 sbr with a yhm ULT Ti can.

I hate this guy, I wish he would do a video on the POU of drinking a gallon of bleach.

I agree Nutnfancy is annoying at times, but if I focus on his content rather than valley-girl-voice, then he can be quite informative. He also does appear to be mostly independent in his review of gear. This is far more than one can say for 95% of "reviewers" that are clearly paid advertisements.

He is critical of new gear and very reluctant to consider anything as "game changers". for this i truly applaud him. He has bashed EVERY manufacturer's products at some point in the past decade, so it's impossible to call him a fan boy. yes he is annoying. but what i've posted above I can only say is true for maybe a few other reviewers. the rest are owned by the industry.

also his wife is cute and cool. he gets points for that.

I built (assembled is more accurate) my .300BLK pistol to fulfill a purpose that no other caliber could - that purpose being I didn't have one, I wanted one, and this is America and I'm (nominally) a grown-up.

If you reload it's an amusing caliber, though. Seems to be a MUCH wider range of 'stuff' you can do with it than other calibers.

Back
Top Bottom