!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he should just say F*CK YOU to the police dept that could just pull his shop's license and shut him down completely so you aren't butt hurt over not being able to make a buck building up 80% lowers? Just buy them online and quit bitching

And because 2nd amendment states that any United States citizen can manufacture their own firearm For protecting their home as long as they can legally obtain a firearms license and it complies with all state regulations. And according to the atf. That same firearm DOES NOT need to be serialized or registered.
This doesn't really apply to MA if that's the reason you're hoarding P80 kits unless you're having a boating accident in the future.

I apologize about the structure. I’m really sorry about my lack of punctuations. From the hours of research nowhere does it state that Massachusetts doesn’t allow you to manufacture your own firearm. Nor does it state in the 2nd what kind of firearm you can or cannot manufacture. More so Massachusetts laws on that kind of thing are vague so they can do as they please. What it also does is allow them to now have to go the the federal laws. But people aren’t intelligent enough to realize that

I wouldn't jeopardize my firearms business in this state, employees jobs, or my ability to provide my family to sell a few p80 kits to anyone if it got to the point the local PD came into my store. Not worth it. Get real,

Reactions: jpm
I don't know where it says that it's illegal but I believe it is...

Dozens of people have been arrested and charged (some are in jail) for doing what you are doing.

They are considered Ghost Guns if completed and not registered.

Don't know know that the law and government reads this forum?

Maybe they got a little suspicious after some guy without an LTC just bought 10 kits in the past few months and they needed a reason to cut him off.
Sounds like the criminal didn’t put your rights in jeopardy, sounds like you might be the criminal putting our rights in jeopardy...

I apologize about the structure. I’m really sorry about my lack of punctuations. From the hours of research nowhere does it state that Massachusetts doesn’t allow you to manufacture your own firearm. Nor does it state in the 2nd what kind of firearm you can or cannot manufacture. More so Massachusetts laws on that kind of thing are vague so they can do as they please. What it also does is allow them to now have to go the the federal laws. But people aren’t intelligent enough to realize that

Where exactly in the 2nd Amendment does it clearly state you're allowed to manufacture your own firearms? It says you have the right to keep and bear arms but says nothing about manufacturing or United States citizens. Is that in the King James version or something?

Nevermind what we “wish” was true in this state.
What is true is that if you want to posses a handgun you need an LTC

@ShootMcG

The parts kits are legal, but once you build and POSSESS a functional firearm in this state, without an LTC, you are a felon in this state, which makes you a federal prohibited person. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, doesn’t make it right, but your interpretation of the law is wrong.

Here is a way out of your legal predicament and to save face.

Take all those kits and give them to Toby or an actual LTC holder for safe keeping.

That way when you get no knocked Zero Dark Thirty, you wont go to prison.

[popcorn]
Imagine bragging about committing a felony on a forum, lol.
In MA, once you convert that kit into a firearm and you don't have an LTC, you've committed a crime possessing a firearm without a license.
Where's @Maura ?

If you have a point in this post, it completely escapes me. Except where you apologized. I got that.

There is MA law and federal law. You did nothing illegal federally from what you have admitted to so we will ignore that.

MA law is not unclear on any of the topics you have raised. You can build firearms to your hearts content. You must register them with the state through the online portal within 7 days of assembly.

You MUST have a LTC to possess a firearm (as opposed to a rifle or shotgun which if not large capacity you may possess with only a FID).

You built firearms (handguns to normal people). You have no LTC. That is a felony. There is no confusion, ambiguity, or people with a lack of intelligence outside of possibly you.

@ShootMcG

The parts kits are legal, but once you build and POSSESS a functional firearm in this state, without an LTC, you are a felon in this state, which makes you a federal prohibited person. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, doesn’t make it right, but your interpretation of the law is wrong.
He's not a felon or prohibited person until convicted.

but my rights are now non existent because of his actions

Bit of a stretch there, homey. He's under no obligation to sell even a can of Frog Lube to you, and whether he will or won't has nothing to do with your rights. The 'good' people of Massachusetts sold your rights down the river years ago by supporting politicians who were happy to trample those rights.

So this guy put your safety in jeopardy? Did you just now reach the age of eligibility for a LTC, or did you procrastinate until we all landed in the sh!tshow known as 2020? Have you lived here long? If so, you knew the ropes and could have moved the hell out before getting to this point. That's some glass house you are throwing stones from.

Are you expecting sympathy for not being able to horde 80% frames to resell at inflated 2020 gouge pricing? You might be in the wrong forum for that. Are you expecting sympathy for not being able to build and possess a pistol in Mass without your LTC? You're definitely in the wrong forum for that. (Hint: such a gripe on ANY public forum is a bad idea.)

While I agree it's a great injustice to need papers in order to defend oneself, there's no need to throw a good shop under the bus over this change in policy.

I'll award this thread 2 out of 5 floating dumpster fires, though it has potential for more...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Looks like OP realized his mistake in publicly admitting to possessing firearms without a license.

And while I think licenses are stupid, if you live in MA out of choice or necessity and you're not like 21 or 22, you've had ample time to get an LTC before everything really got going in terms of COVID/riots, election, etc...so instead of reaming people out, maybe accept some responsibility for dropping the ball on taking self-defense seriously.

What you are failing to realize is, while you can build your own hand gun in MA, you can't do it if you do not have an LTC. So tell me again about how "people aren't intelligent enough to realize that"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom