400 hz diesel generators

Hi all,I have two 10kw generators mounted on a trailer.This is a military power plant with switch gear to run both generators to put out 20 kw if needed.This is a new unit,can radio opperators use this or maybe aircraft owners?Thanks mark.

It was used to run aircraft electronics while on the ground. I looked at a couple of these and they are pretty much unusable as is and expensive to try to convert to 60hz. I think the general concensus is that they are good for the engines and scrap the rest.

Ah, you were the sucker who bought those 112's on a trailer from the Ma NG. You can use 400 HZ to charge batteries and to run basic, purely resistive loads such as lights, but you cannot run anything motorized. Forget running refrigerators, well pumps, heater fans, etc. The engines are great though. Occasionally, you'll even see 10 kW gen heads pop up on the auction for short money. Either grab a couple of 10 kW, 60 hZ gen heads and do some wrenching, remove the engines and repurpose them (log splitter anyone??) or part out your generators on www.steelsoldiers.com or www.smokstak.com.

Back
Top Bottom