A simple period (.) is a common post for someone who wishes to follow a thread and its content without possessing the knowledge to contribute to the conversation. I’m also curious as to what the answers to your question are.

Ah ok. I am new. Thanks for the explanation

A period could also be a simple form of agreement. But, I use it as described above.
With regards to rebuilding a relatively unused preban, why? Use it and determine its function but go ahead and get replacement parts to have as well. If it works, use it and train with it. It never hurts to have extra parts.

Edit- springs are more apt to deform (compress) after constant use (expansion and contraction) as opposed to static pressure (being left loaded). I leave most of my mags loaded but have parts to rebuild if they start to show signs of wear.

The Gen 5 magazine and Gen 5 mag parts will work with Gen 3 Glock. Only real difference is having cut outs on just one side vs both sides for being able to switch Mag release side. I’ve heard the baseplates might be different. To be sure, just get new old-stock (NOS) mag parts. You can still buy brand new unused parts that were originally intended for Gen 3 Mags, that’s the route I would go. But as stated above, there’s really no reason to replace them unless you have a reason. Go put 200-300 rounds through the mag, if you don’t have any feed issues, your 99.9999% good to go.

Only real difference is having cut outs on just one side vs both sides for being able to switch Mag release side.
Additionally, the cut out is a just a CH lower on the G17 u-notch as opposed to the new mags. I picked up a couple for my Gen 5 G34 and learned I had to really force the mag into the magwell for it to seat properly. They're not drop free either and needed a little motivation to remove. I tried adding an extension to make it easier to load/unload and realized the mag would no longer seat at all since the lip of the baseplate was a bit higher than the OEM.

Additionally, the cut out is a just a CH lower on the G17 u-notch as opposed to the new mags. I picked up a couple for my Gen 5 G34 and learned I had to really force the mag into the magwell for it to seat properly. They're not drop free either and needed a little motivation to remove. I tried adding an extension to make it easier to load/unload and realized the mag would no longer seat at all since the lip of the baseplate was a bit higher than the OEM.
i also discovered the same thing with gen 5 g19 mags in my g4 g19, took a lot of force to seat the mag and then u had to pull the mag out

Back
Top Bottom