41F trust grandfathering opinions

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
So one of the kids at Riley's behind the counter seems convinced that there won't be any grandfathering with regards to trusts and people having to get fingerprinted/ pictures. Says his boss has read the whole thing and there's nothing in there about it. I'll admit I haven't read the actual document, just a bunch of recap's of it. I don't believe the ATF would have the manpower or even ability to go after people trust to make them come up to compliance, but he seems convinced to the point where he tells people he's not sure why they're rushing to get in before the deadline.

So what say you NES, thoughts?

Also I have an Omega in tax stamp jail, what can should I buy to compliment it before the deadline (since I don't believe the kid) and anyone know who has a decent stock in NH (beside's Rileys?)

I heard a gun shop employee tell someone his AK was chambered for 54R and not x39.

Moral is you can't trust gun shop employees. That's the first I've heard anyone say anything on the matter

So one of the kids at Riley's behind the counter seems convinced that there won't be any grandfathering with regards to trusts and people having to get fingerprinted/ pictures.
Every source available says "not retroactive" including BATFE themselves
Page 198 said:
The final rule is not retroactive and therefore the final rule will not apply to applications that are in "pending" status, or to previously approved applications for existing legal entities and trusts holding NFA items.

So one of the kids at Riley's behind the counter seems convinced that there won't be any grandfathering with regards to trusts and people having to get fingerprinted/ pictures. Says his boss has read the whole thing and there's nothing in there about it. I'll admit I haven't read the actual document, just a bunch of recap's of it. I don't believe the ATF would have the manpower or even ability to go after people trust to make them come up to compliance, but he seems convinced to the point where he tells people he's not sure why they're rushing to get in before the deadline.

So what say you NES, thoughts?

Also I have an Omega in tax stamp jail, what can should I buy to compliment it before the deadline (since I don't believe the kid) and anyone know who has a decent stock in NH (beside's Rileys?)

He's a good kid. I've talked with him before. He's an enthusiastic sales rep, but he's ****ing clueless about a lot of NFA stuff.

He's a good kid. I've talked with him before. He's an enthusiastic sales rep, but he's ****ing clueless about a lot of NFA stuff.

He's a really good kid and I like talking to him. Cluelessness like that can have a negative effect on sales though, so it's a good thing we have such a great gun salesman for president! As others have said, can't trust gun shop employees.

I reread the OP several times and can't figure out the question.

Is it whether those who received stamps prior to the new rules going into effect will need to comply with the new rules rules for those old stamps to remain effective? If so, the answer is no.

Is it whether those with trusts created prior to the effective date of the rules who submit forms after the effective date must comply with the requirements of the new rules? If so, the answer is yes.

As I understood it, the first application after July 13th and applications after the 180 day window will have to do the background and fingerprints. Any existing applications or tax stamps will be unaffected by the rule changes.

I reread the OP several times and can't figure out the question.

Is it whether those who received stamps prior to the new rules going into effect will need to comply with the new rules rules for those old stamps to remain effective? If so, the answer is no.

Is it whether those with trusts created prior to the effective date of the rules who submit forms after the effective date must comply with the requirements of the new rules? If so, the answer is yes.

I agree with you.

Jesus. This has been discussed many times.

In the actual text of 41F (does anyone bother to read any of it?), it specifically states (emphasis added):

[p.198] The final rule is not retroactive and therefore the final rule will not apply to applications that are in "pending" status, or to previously approved applications for existing legal entities and trusts holding NFA items.

[p.164] With regard to the comment regarding applications that have a "pending" status when the rule is implemented, all applications postmarked prior to the effective date of the rule will be processed under the current regulations. The same is the case for any applications that have a pending status at the time the rule is implemented

It can't be more clear.

If your application is "pending," or postmarked prior to 13 Jul, CURRENT RULES.

If your application is postmarked after 13 Jul, NEW RULES.

Last edited:
I will be both sad and happy when July 14th comes. Sad that my application process is more difficult and happy that there will be fewer of the ****ing stupid questions by people who can't take the time to read. Or maybe not, maybe we will get these questions for the next six months as people try to file forms and get them kicked back while they scream "you never told me that".

I heard a gun shop employee tell someone his AK was chambered for 54R and not x39.

Moral is you can't trust gun shop employees. That's the first I've heard anyone say anything on the matter

There are Ak's chambered in 7.62x54r. Vepr makes them.

As well as .308, 5.56, 300 blk, ect lots of calibers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom