• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

6.8 SPC for hunting

Sorry, I haven't taken a 6.8 spc out into the field. I actually haven't even talked to anyone who has.
What type of ammo(mfg/model/weight) were you going to go out with?

I think a 6.8 would be a pretty decent deer round. Not sure if MA has any crazy caliber law for taking deer, but I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with a 6.8 and Aimpoint. :^)

I think a 6.8 would be a pretty decent deer round. Not sure if MA has any crazy caliber law for taking deer, but I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with a 6.8 and Aimpoint. :^)

It's exactly what you would expect from a crazy Mass Law - no rifles, shotguns only for deer.

[sad]

6.8 and an Aimpoint sounds like a nice combination to me, too. I had a dot sight on my previous shotgun, worked well in the woods. I've been trying Firesights on my current one - love the fiber optic dots, hate the flimsy front sight.

In Minnesota they have shotgun only zones that are typically closer to the suburbs, but northern, western, and southern MN is run what you brung. [grin]

In Minnesota they have shotgun only zones that are typically closer to the suburbs, but northern, western, and southern MN is run what you brung. [grin]

Let's not expect any use of logic in MA, OK? [smile]

My town has 1300 residents jammed into 32 square miles, which is pretty typical of the surrounding towns as well. We could safely use rifles here, if the regs were changed to allow it.

I'm not holding my breath.

friend of mine has shot 29 6.8 SPC rounds deer hunting and has kills 28 deer. He loves that round for whitetails. Only one dow needed a second shot.

He has a Remington bolt in 6.8 SPC he had built.

Sabots and ML's are rifle like enough that it shouldn't make any difference if you were out there with a 30-30 or .308. But, we've got enough of a bad rep with the truly idiotic in MA during shotgun season jamming into small areas and winging each other. At least bow hunters have the decency to only hurt themselves. ** Always Wear a Harness **
Rifles are legal for 'yotes though, so, go figure.

Jack, I am very interested to find out how you fair with that round this season if you decide to take it out.

Sabots and ML's are rifle like enough that it shouldn't make any difference if you were out there with a 30-30 or .308. But, we've got enough of a bad rep with the truly idiotic in MA during shotgun season jamming into small areas and winging each other. At least bow hunters have the decency to only hurt themselves. ** Always Wear a Harness **
Rifles are legal for 'yotes though, so, go figure.

Jack, I am very interested to find out how you fair with that round this season if you decide to take it out.
I'll be hunting Me and NH with the Stag in 6.8. Have the correct 5 rd mags. Always wanted to hunt with the EBR! Jack.

I'll be hunting Me and NH with the Stag in 6.8. Have the correct 5 rd mags. Always wanted to hunt with the EBR! Jack.

It's a shame that average people really do look at EBR's as evil. I can't think of a better platform for any need. I know lugging one through the woods is a lot easier and less concerning than a benneli R1.

Back
Top Bottom