• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

rabbit hunting

The season is almost over and unfortunately, I was not able to hunt much because of the injury to my hand. I hunt mostly with a bow, I have a muzzleloader and want to give it a try since I should be able to with an injured hand. I found that hunting with a gun is so limited in mass. not much open land to hunt. So I am looking to extend my season, I am thinking of rabbit hunting. Are there places you guys have success with rabbit hunting within z10 or do I have to travel further west? Any suggestion much appreciated.
thank you,

Not directly answering your question, but wouldn’t a good air rifle REALLY open up some land to do so? I’m not certain of this, but isn’t the firearm/bow 500’ setback law not applicable at all to STATE law on discharges?

Just a thought…

The season is almost over and unfortunately, I was not able to hunt much because of the injury to my hand. I hunt mostly with a bow, I have a muzzleloader and want to give it a try since I should be able to with an injured hand. I found that hunting with a gun is so limited in mass. not much open land to hunt. So I am looking to extend my season, I am thinking of rabbit hunting. Are there places you guys have success with rabbit hunting within z10 or do I have to travel further west? Any suggestion much appreciated.
thank you,
Find some huntable power lines.....most of those strips of land are early successional growth and thickets that rabbits like. You gonna hunt them with a bow?

Also why limit yourself to just rabbit? Grey squirrel will be open for awhile as well hit some wma land that had hardwood forest and go after those.

Back
Top Bottom