7.62x25 Tokarev ammo

I'm looking to get some surplus ammo for my Tokarev but don't feel like I need a whole case (1260 rounds).
Anyone needing cheap corrosive polish surplus for $0.10/round for your VZ52, TT-33, PPSh-41, PPS-43 or AR in this caliber and willing to split the cost send me a PM.

I have been looking around for a Tokarev, if you have a lead on a gun, I'll be interested in ammo down the road ; )

From what I've heard Yougos are one of the highest quality TTs surpassing most clones including original soviet TT-33.

Md 57 also has longer frame, making it more comfortable and resulting in extra 1 round in mag capacity. Also Colt style thumb safety was added to allow importation and which is a great improvement over somewhat inadequate original safety design.
Comes with leather holster 1 extra mag and cleaning rod.

with muzzle energy equal to .45 ACP it has good stopping power and being supersonic, FMJ ammunition also has higher than usual penetration for non-AP pistol ammo making it less than ideal ammo for home defense. beware

another downside it can't use regular TT-33 mags

Last edited:
you guys know of any place thats selling them? ive been looking for either a CZ52 or a TT but all the usual places dont have them, at that price for the ammo its rediculiously cheap.

you guys know of any place thats selling them? ive been looking for either a CZ52 or a TT but all the usual places dont have them, at that price for the ammo its rediculiously cheap.

not that cheap anymore.
couple of years ago it was ~5-7 cents a round now it's 10. i guess if you have to compare to other commercial calibers like 9Para or 40SW then it's cheap. when it was 5 cents a round i wanted to get AR-upper in that caliber, but they were scarce... still are, although not as bed as before. you can even find a barrel/bolt/mag kit or adapter to take PPS43 surplus mags
i long gave up on this and got .22lr instead. i know it's not the same, but i pay 3.5 cents per shot and that's more shooting for less green.

$375 for the one in Adams. There was another shop somewhere in central Mass, I can't find the link my browser crashed wiped out history, they had unfired Yugo for $350.

Anyone interested in a nice Yugo M57 I have one I'm looking to sell with 1200+ rounds of ammo for $475.
C&R or you pay FFL fee, PM me if interested.

I don't think Norinco made this caliber in 1954. In fact, I don't think Norinco actually existed as such.

You're probably seeing Bulgarian ammo.

ugh, yes, it's not technically Norinco's, they just imported a bunch of Chinese surplus, just like some SKSs were actual milsurp even though many were made for US. So the gun is Chinese Tok clone.

not that cheap anymore.
couple of years ago it was ~5-7 cents a round now it's 10. i guess if you have to compare to other commercial calibers like 9Para or 40SW then it's cheap.

By centerfire ammo standards 7.62 x 25 is free. [laugh]

-Mike

You do realize that even with a C&R you need to file an FA-10, right?

Sorry, hadn't checked back on this thread for a bit... Yes, seller needs to file an FA-10, just no need to pay an FFL if both parties have a C&R, otherwise FFL is required to consummate the transfer AFAIK.

As far as why I'm selling mine, I already have six and want new toys! The 7.62x25 is a great platform though, and I love my CZ52's as well, I just find the Tokarevs more accurate and a bit more compact & stronger design.

Having a C&R has nothing to do with with doing a FA-10 transfer. Depending on when the handgun entered MA the FFL may not transfer it to some one in MA.

Having a C&R has nothing to do with with doing a FA-10 transfer. Depending on when the handgun entered MA the FFL may not transfer it to some one in MA.

Are you forgetting person to person transfer which is also done using FA-10 ( no FFL or C&R needed) assuming both parties are licensed?

Sorry, hadn't checked back on this thread for a bit... Yes, seller needs to file an FA-10, just no need to pay an FFL if both parties have a C&R, otherwise FFL is required to consummate the transfer AFAIK.

There is no FFL required to transfer a handgun between two properly licensed MA residents. In fact, the M57 cannot be transferred by an MA 01 FFL.

That's not what I was told by by my FFL, I was, in fact, told the opposite (despite my belief that vellueve is correct, from my reading of the law).
The way I see it, if there's any question then my using the FFL to do a transfer takes me off the hook and no one is ever going to come looking to me.
Sheesh, this state is so f'd up, there seems no way to figure out what's legal & what's not. I guess the way I see it is using an FFL is an insurance policy.

That's not what I was told by by my FFL, I was, in fact, told the opposite (despite my belief that vellueve is correct, from my reading of the law).
The way I see it, if there's any question then my using the FFL to do a transfer takes me off the hook and no one is ever going to come looking to me.
Sheesh, this state is so f'd up, there seems no way to figure out what's legal & what's not. I guess the way I see it is using an FFL is an insurance policy.

It's not an insurance policy and it has no bearing on the transaction in any way other than the record-keeping requirement. If you legally own the M57, you can sell it FTF to any properly licensed MA resident, to an MA dealer (although they will not be able to resell in-state) or via your FFL to any out of state C&R or FFL holder from a state that allows said holder the acquisition of said firearm.

I give up.

According to PATRON, it's "Depending on when...", I think not...

vellnueve:"you can sell it FTF to any properly licensed MA resident" (I agree, but I'm not a lawyer), and "an FFL can't transfer the M57 to another MA resident" (don't agree here)

My FFL: "only thru an FFL" so as not to confuse the fact that as a C&R licensee you are not a dealer

The only reason I say "insurance" is it's crystal clear I can sell to an FFL, who he can sell to at that point is not my concern, if he will sell it to you, you will legally own it. Plus I'm not limited to 3 transfers a year if I use an FFL. Those are the only facts I'm sure of. Of course this is MA & I could be (can't afford to be) wrong and I'm not telling anyone else how it is, just how I understand it.

I give up.
"an FFL can't transfer the M57 to another MA resident" (don't agree here)

Doesn't matter whether you agree or not, it's how the laws are written. The M57 is not on the EOPS list and does not comply with the AG's handgun requirements - and seeing as they are recent imports they are not pre-98 in MA. Therefore, any MA purveyor of firearms (licensed MA dealer) who transfers an M57 to an MA resident (to include C&R holders as well) is running afoul of Massachusetts law.

My FFL: "only thru an FFL" so as not to confuse the fact that as a C&R licensee you are not a dealer

Absurd. Either your FFL really wants that transfer fee or they think that any private citizen who sells a firearm is a dealer. Your C&R has no bearing one way or another on the sale in the eyes of Massachusetts law, and C&R holders are most certainly allowed to sell firearms to other persons under federal law as long as you are not selling firearms as a business.

The only reason I say "insurance" is it's crystal clear I can sell to an FFL, who he can sell to at that point is not my concern, if he will sell it to you, you will legally own it. Plus I'm not limited to 3 transfers a year if I use an FFL. Those are the only facts I'm sure of. Of course this is MA & I could be (can't afford to be) wrong and I'm not telling anyone else how it is, just how I understand it.

As noted, your understanding is incorrect. Not to mention that it's 4 FTF transfers per year.

vellnueve, looks like you've been at this a good deal longer than me but your disclaimer in your sig also says take it with a grain of salt, I'm not trying to argue only trying to sort out conflicting information:

The M57 is not on the EOPS list and does not comply with the AG's handgun requirements
I've been told (by FFL) that there is no definitive "list", per-se, and transfers are often at the discretion of the FFLs. I'd guess most C&R guns are not on the EOPS list.

Absurd. Either your FFL really wants that transfer fee or they think that any private citizen who sells a firearm is a dealer
Could be, but if he chooses to do the transfer my assumption is that leaves me in the clear regardless.

As noted, your understanding is incorrect. Not to mention that it's 4 FTF transfers per year.
Well, I may very well be misinformed, but not for lack of trying to figure it out. In the past I've asked questions of the local PD, CSHB, FRB and gotten completely conflicting info. I have to wonder if I'd even believe a firearms lawyer for some of this at this point, I've gotten so much conflicting information.

I guess I've seen the 3 FTF bantered about quite a bit, I suppose repeated often enough it sounded like fact. I do now see, now that you mentioned it, that GOAL says 4, & that's a good thing, thanks.

Regardless of all that's been said here, do you not agree that even if I have no clue if a FTF is legal or not, if an FFL does the transfer that leaves me in the clear?

I've been told (by FFL) that there is no definitive "list", per-se, and transfers are often at the discretion of the FFLs. I'd guess most C&R guns are not on the EOPS list.

The EOPS list is most certainly definitive. Yes, most C&R guns are not on that list, and that's why they cannot be sold be dealers in MA unless they were in the state pre-98.

Regardless of all that's been said here, do you not agree that even if I have no clue if a FTF is legal or not, if an FFL does the transfer that leaves me in the clear?

Perhaps. But I prefer not to potentially screw over my dealers and expose them to possible legal action.

Back
Top Bottom