7.62X39 ammo cheap (Cabelas Scarboro Maine)

stinx

NES Member
Just a heads up Cabelas in Scarboro Maine has Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 on sale for $3.99 a box. The ammo is Russian made, steel cased non corrosive. I have shot this brand before with good results. Most reviews online are favorable. I bought two cases just beacuse it was cheap. Cabelas is only 90 miles from me so it was worth thr trip just to poke around. I asked how long the sale would last? I was told not much longer YMMV as of today the ammo is 3.79 a box!!!!!!!

Last edited:
damn. I bought some Brown bear at four seasons when I got my AK for $5.55. Now I cant touch it for less than 10 bucks a box :(

The original Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 in white and blue boxes had a metsa a metsa reputation. The new stuff is in Black and white boxes ihas a much better reputation,most people say its equal to Wolf or Brown Bear. The stuff I have shot worked very well. Totally worth $3.99 a box'

Interesting. There are only a few shops I go to around these parts. I guess I will have to keep looking, I only have 100 rounds left. Just for laughs, The Gun Room in Shrewsbury had 1000 rounds of Wolf for $500! Lol

Interesting. There are only a few shops I go to around these parts. I guess I will have to keep looking, I only have 100 rounds left. Just for laughs, The Gun Room in Shrewsbury had 1000 rounds of Wolf for $500! Lol

Holy crap! That's about $360 at the shops I go to!

When I saw your first post, that's the first thing I thought of.... "Where the f*** is he shopping, at the gun room?" [rofl]

-Mike

I almost died when I saw the case with the price marked on it. I only shoot the AK sometimes but when I find ammo I will buy a good ammount. The girlfriend and I are going to Old Orchard Beach next month so I will try to hit Cabelas in Scarborough and Kittery Trading Post.

I almost died when I saw the case with the price marked on it. I only shoot the AK sometimes but when I find ammo I will buy a good ammount. The girlfriend and I are going to Old Orchard Beach next month so I will try to hit Cabelas in Scarborough and Kittery Trading Post.

KTP's ammo prices are going to be pretty awful, I can give you that much of a warning up front. It's gotten to the point where I don't even look at what ammo they're selling anymore, because I know it's going to be overpriced. I mean, it probably won't be as bad as the gun room, but it's probably worse than a lot of shops in the Northeast, especially when compared to the "what will you give me that case of 7.62 x 39 for if I pay cash right now" price in a lot of gun stores.

-Mike

Originally Posted by JayD

Thats exactly what the wife and I did:Old orchard for the weekend,went to Portland Sat and saw the Sea dogs. We called the day of the game and got front row seats behind home plate for $20. Sea dogs and Spinners is what Baseball is all about

Her family has a condo right on the beach and we love it up there. Maybe I will hit MFL while we are around or try to hit up some gun shops up there. Always nice to see a shop in a free state....although I usually end up drooling.

They've also got Ulyanovsk .223 for 3.99/20, and unfired Mosin Nagant 91/30's for $99 with the tool kit, 2 ammo pouches, and sling.
If I had the money I would have jumped on the Mosin deal, but maybe a trip is in order when I'm in Maine next month.

I was in Cabela's in East Hartford this afternoon and they have Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 on sale for $3.79 a box and the Ulyanovsk .223 for 3.99. They also have dozens of MN 91/30's for $149 [rolleyes]

Just a heads up Cabelas in Scarboro Maine has Ulyanovsk 7.62x39 on sale for $3.99 a box. The ammo is Russian made, steel cased non corrosive. I have shot this brand before with good results. Most reviews online are favorable. I bought two cases just beacuse it was cheap. Cabelas is only 90 miles from me so it was worth thr trip just to poke around. I asked how long the sale would last? I was told not much longer YMMV

I got a case of the B&W labeled x39..Great value and surprisingly clean, perfect for a hungry AK.

3.79 a box as of today!!!!!!!!!!

That's 19 cents a round, or $190 for a case of 1000.
Add 5% Maine sales tax makes it $219 a case.
The last time I bought 7.62x39 (last October) it was $225 for a 1000 round case of Ulyanovska at Rileys.
Availability has greatly increased since then so lower prices now are expected.

I literally walked by the shelf with this ammo listed in Cabelas. Knew it was a good deal but figured I'de pass on it at the moment. Have a feeling it's going to keep dropping

The cabelas in Hartford also have .223 for cheap along with the 7.62x39 the white box stuff, dont know the brand. But i grabbed 6 boxes of it and if i can get my sks up and running right Ill have some fun

Back
Top Bottom