9/11 - NEVER forget!

[halfmast]

God bless the men and women who died today and for the men and women who died fighting for our country in the War Against these Islamic Fascists, gutless POS who thought we would not fight back. Less we not forget the sacrifices that our men and women of the armed forces make each day to keep us safe.

We will NEVER forget!

[iwojima]

For all the service men & women serving as well as their familes,
I say Thanks and give a Tip O'the Stetson.
yo.gif

[halfmast]

Our freedoms and liberties are only as secure as our willingness to keep and protect them. NEVER let anyone take that away from you.

The young men and women fighting this war have proven to me that they are the next greatest generation.

Afghanistan or Iraq, I don't care where we are as long as we are killing Islamofascists somewhere that's not here.

Today should not only be a day of remembrance for the live lost on September 11, 2001. Take the time to thank our armed service members, our police officers, our firefighters and hospital staff for their daily sacrifice of service. Thank you to you and your families.

[I just wanted to post a eulogy for one of the many folks that lost their lives on that dreadful day, God Bless them and their families and GOD BLESS AMERICA.]​

9-11-01candlesimplelarge1.gif

EULOGY​

Aidan, love is the only thing that lasts forever, and even though Daddy's gone, I hope you will remember how much your daddy loved you and keep that in your heart for the rest of your life.

I have tried hard to find the good to come out of losing the love of my life. This summer, Dave insisted on buying a hat that he saw his friend Jerry at the firehouse wearing. It read "Life is good" and for Dave it truly was, especially in his last months.

Dave strove to live his life fully, to love his family and friends, to feel his feelings and be an honest and good man. I think he accomplished that. I hope everyone here will use Dave's life as an example. I know I will. So tell the people around you that you love them, mend grudges, don't stay angry with people, and be kind. Dave did these things. His heart was as large as his frame and I feel privileged to have called myself Dave's wife.

-Excerpt from Marian Fontana's eulogy for her husband, David Fontana, who died on 9/11.

Six years have passed since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Today is a day to remember those who lost their lives at the hands of radical Islamic terrorists who despise our values and way of life, as well as those men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice helping their fellow citizens that tragic day, and defending freedom in the years that have followed.

We must never forget that America has shed more blood defending freedom here and abroad than all the other countries in the world combined. And it was no different on 9/11. Before the twin towers fell, before the smoke had cleared from the Pentagon, before the brave men and women of Flight 93 had made a stand over Shanksville, Penn., Americans were fighting back.

America’s heritage of defending freedom has fallen to us. It is a great trust that our generation willingly accepts and must uphold. But the best way we can do that – while honoring the tragic loss of our fellow citizens six years ago today, and in all of the years since – is to make sure our nation continues to stand for freedom, remains strong and united in the face of threats, and secure.

-Fred Thompson

May God hold and keep safe, all who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, in defense of our nation, and the preservation of our freedoms.
For the rest of us, we must honor their memory by teaching the next generation, what it means to be truely American: Duty, Honor, Country. History will judge just how well we did in this regard.
May God bless America, and all who make it the best this world has to offer...

May God hold and keep safe, all who have paid the ultimate sacrifice, in defense of our nation, and the preservation of our freedoms.
For the rest of us, we must honor their memory by teaching the next generation, what it means to be truely American: Duty, Honor, Country. History will judge just how well we did in this regard.
May God bless America, and all who make it the best this world has to offer...

Our son was always from the time he was little raised with Duty, Honor, and Country. Which is why he enlisted at 17 before he graduated and got lots of flack from teachers and students alike.

Here is a good article from Canada, of all places. The last two paragraphs are well spoken

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Mansur_Salim/2007/09/08/4478789.php

Liberal democracy is no less an armed ideology than Islamist ideology, and liberals forgetting this elementary fact disarm themselves for an eventual surrender to those who reject a liberal future and make war against it in the present.

On Sept. 11, 2001, Americans awoke to a war in progress.Six years later the question hanging in balance is whether Americans and their allies will end this war on their terms or concede defeat to Islamists.

Back
Top Bottom