• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm 125g @ 1360fps thru an M&P? no load data

I made some loads for my M&P.
I couldn't find any data for this, so I just filled the case with powder and crammed it all down with the bullet

I wonder what will happen when I light this off?

will the gun glock on me?
will I light the atmosphere on fire
will I launch myself back in time?
will jesus, himself, resurrect just to kick me in the jimmys?
will the earth reverse its rotation?
will dukeinmaine faint just from reading this?

Stay tuned for the range report... if I make it back [grin]

This should be interesting. This is approximately how I made my first loads, but the result was failure to chamber, so I never got to try them.

Is there going to be a youtube video?

ohno.gif

ww2-185a.jpg

Ransom rest with a 20' string? [shocked]

I'd be more confident with a STI.
I've pushed the limits of several guns & cartriges & always turned out unscathed.
If I remember handguns are tested @ 30% higher pressure than max.

I much as I hate to disappoint everyone. Shooting 9major in the M&P was very uneventful, as expected since there are shooter using M&Ps as Open gun.

Next up is 380major. GTO should have some data on that

They cost me .17 each. No way that beats free. There is however some one at my club that shoots a lot of it and does not even bother to pick it up.

I hope you have you last will and testament in order. Also remeber that life insurance does not pay the beneficiaries of a suicide.

I made some loads for my M&P.
I couldn't find any data for this, so I just filled the case with powder and crammed it all down with the bullet

I wonder what will happen when I light this off?

will the gun glock on me?
will I light the atmosphere on fire
will I launch myself back in time?
will jesus, himself, resurrect just to kick me in the jimmys?
will the earth reverse its rotation?
will dukeinmaine faint just from reading this?

Stay tuned for the range report... if I make it back [grin]

ChanceInHell.jpg

[smile]

Because he can? [laugh]

-Mike

If I lived in a free state, I'd build an M&P USPSA Open gun. Get a slide milled to get a dot down low enough to line up where the irons would be and add a magwell and a comp. With 10 round mags, there's no point.

openMP3a.jpg

Last edited:
If I lived in a free state, I'd build an M&P USPSA Open gun. Get a slide milled to get a dot down low enough to line up where the irons would be and add a magwell and a comp. With 10 round mags, there's no point.

steel challenge or knock down steel but you wouldn't need to make major

I much as I hate to disappoint everyone. Shooting 9major in the M&P was very uneventful, as expected since there are shooter using M&Ps as Open gun.

Mike,
sorry I missed this, when it came out,

You are a lot less intelligent than I gave you credit for.
Posting it for the un-educated on this forum only confirms my opinion.

Members,
take it from someone who has been shooting "9 major" since it was thought up.
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Anyone else shooting 9 major out of that platform, can only be considered an example of Darwin's theory.

When I first started reloading I was using 6.0gr Power Pistol with a 124gr bullet.... it was over 1200 ft/sec ave. I think the max was 6.6gr which I can't can't find my chrono data on. The 6.0gr load was over 150pf, I'm sure the 6.6gr load was close to 1300 ft/sec. Not a single sign of problems... other than that bright yellow flame out of the barrel!

Back
Top Bottom