A Place in the Woods, Antrim, NH

Brin747

NES Member
I just had to give this shop a positive thumbs up.

It's an outdoors sporting goods shop and gun shop. Not a huge selection of guns but they have a decent mix of rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

I stopped in there today to see if there was anything interesting in their used gun section. I had picked up a really nice Yugo SKS a while back for a good price. Anyway, while I was there a woman walked in and asked about one of their used shotguns. She said she had a problematic fox on her farm and that she was nervous because she had very little gun experience.

Here is where they really impressed me. The guy behind the gun counter, Mike, took some time to explain to her the operation of the gun, gave her some safety pointers, then offered to take her to their range out back to fire off a few shells. All this before she decided to buy it! He was very patient and not at all condescending as I have seen other gun shops react in similar situations.

She walked out the door as a smiling new gun owner and I made it a point to compliment Mike and the store owner on their handling of the situation. Then I picked out a new toy for myself...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom