A PSA for Mosin Owners - Check Those Crossbolt Nuts

Mountain

NES Member
After shooting a postal match target with my M39 Finn, I noticed I had lost the round nut for the stock crossbolt. A reminder to my fellow Mosin owners to check yours and ensure it's tight. There seems to be a shortage of these and you'll end up buying the entire crossbolt assembly at $20 - $25 ea plus shipping. These used to be commonly available and cheap, so perhaps I'm not the only one who had a loose screw. [laugh]

I'm seeing a number of other common Mosin parts out of stock (Russian, Finnish, whatever). Check your rifles to ensure nothing loose can be lost to the wind.

After shooting a postal match target with my M39 Finn, I noticed I had lost the round nut for the stock crossbolt. A reminder to my fellow Mosin owners to check yours and ensure it's tight. There seems to be a shortage of these and you'll end up buying the entire crossbolt assembly at $20 - $25 ea plus shipping. These used to be commonly available and cheap, so perhaps I'm not the only one who had a loose screw. [laugh]

I'm seeing a number of other common Mosin parts out of stock (Russian, Finnish, whatever). Check your rifles to ensure nothing loose can be lost to the wind.
Damn, sorry dude.

I feel like I’ve read more stories about people not being able to get those nuts OFF rather than losing them though!

Damn, sorry dude.

I feel like I’ve read more stories about people not being able to get those nuts OFF rather than losing them though!
Yep! Used Loctite on the new one.

Was worth mentioning it looks like Mosin parts in general are getting a bit thin.

Back
Top Bottom