A Question for Noobies

Do any of you guys regret all those snug fitting pants you bought over the last couple of years? Damn! They're a hell of a lot more snug now that you're carrying, aren't they?

Do any of you guys regret all those snug fitting pants you bought over the last couple of years? Damn! They're a hell of a lot more snug now that you're carrying, aren't they?

LOL... Not just a noob problem my friend. If you pocket carry or IWB (two best ways to CCW IMO then tight is not the way to go like you figured out. IWB requires another inch or two. Pocket not really more, but tight won't cut it. On the other hand... the same pants float on you when you aren't carrying... good thing is you "feel" skinny then. [wink]

I lost and then gained some weight over the past few months; one thing I noticed with a shrinking waistline is that it became more comfortable to push my holster further back from a 3 o'clock to a 4 o'clock position.

Just remember when buying pants that you will need to watch for the placement of the belt loops and how they match with the way you carry.

What does "when you're NOT carrying" mean?

I just came back from vacation at a national park... it's what you have to do when you're in places like that. Makes no sense to me either! (There are bears in them parks!)

Until I tried carrying recently, I had ONLY bluejeans for my assortment of pants to wear, and no room for carrying anything with them. Now I've been trying to find good cargo pants (front pocket is good for snubnose revolver)... I have one pair that I like but most of them look ridiculously baggy on me. Still trying to build up a good collection of pants so I don't only have one pair to wear.

hmmm 5.11

they make some good climbing shoes... hmmm dragons (drools on self)[smile]

oops 5.11 thats what i wish I could climb... 5.10 is the shoe... my bad....

Last edited:
I used to carry in my waist band, too, until I discovered the Keltec.320 and .380 acp. It slips nicely into my regular pocket and it's so light and small that it doesn't imprint. I goes with me 100% of the time because of that. While I'd love to have a larger caliber, just knowing that I have at least the Keltec with me is reassuring and because of its size and weight, it can be even carried in a bathing suit pocket. Truly a great idea for those of use on the North side of 55 and wishing he had the physic as he did when he was 25! LOL

R

I mainly wear Levi's 550 relaxed fit jeans and there is no way I can carry IWB without looking like I have a colostimy (sp?) bag. I've basically given up trying to carry that way. But, the 550s have deep pockets and work good for pocket carrying my Kahr PM9 or S&W 642. The only way I carry now.

The "relax fit" is the key though.

Check these webpages out on the 5.11 tactical stuff. NOTE: Prices are cheaper elsewhere, so just check the specs out on them. They get good reviews by both LEOs and civilians who do a lot of firearms training.

Denim Jeans (available elsewhere at $39.99) with hidden holster pockets:
http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=2&number=74002
X-ray view of pockets:
http://www.511tactical.com/Content/...roducts/2006Update/Large/jeans_lineart_lg.gif

Shorts:
http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=2&number=73285

Pants:
http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=2&number=74251

They also sell the shorts and pants in women's sizes/cuts as well.

Check out 5.11 Tactical pants.

+1000. They are the most comfortable and good looking pants one can wear. I wear them at work everyday (they need to be pressed), but my weekend versions are comfortably wrinkely. [grin]

I have two pair of shorts as well.

I mainly wear Levi's 550 relaxed fit jeans and there is no way I can carry IWB without looking like I have a colostimy (sp?) bag. I've basically given up trying to carry that way. But, the 550s have deep pockets and work good for pocket carrying my Kahr PM9 or S&W 642. The only way I carry now.

The "relax fit" is the key though.

LEVI'S! I thought they were all for Gun control?

Do any local retailers sell 5.11 clothing? I'd like to try them out first before buying... most pants fit me surprisingly badly.

Check their site for local dealers to you. If any in this area, it would be police supply shops, not your run-of-the-mill stores.

When I recently bought mine, it came with a pre-paid mailer if I had to return them because the size was wrong!

I had previously bought some Class B uniform pants/shirts at Building 19, so I had an idea on sizing. But the Class B's are very different from the cotton tactical pants. Haven't bought the jeans yet, but as soon as I have time to put an order together, I'll be ordering them . . . reviews that I read were good.

Back
Top Bottom