A variation on "Dude, hold my beer"

Call this one "Dude, hold my gun."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O44EEG0&show_article=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - An aide to Sen. Jim Webb was arrested Monday when he entered a Senate office building with a loaded pistol belonging to the senator.

Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the aide was charged with carrying a pistol without a license and possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.

The office of Webb, D-Va., identified the aide as Phillip Thompson and said he was "a former Marine, a long-term friend and trusted employee of the senator."

A congressional official briefed on the incident said Webb gave the gun to Thompson when the assistant drove him to an airport earlier in the day. Thompson, upon entering the Senate building, forgot he was carrying the weapon.

possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.
Good Grief...... How do you register ammo? It isn't serialized or anything, how do they know one box or individual bullet from another?

IIRC, one of Ted Kennedys bodyguards was busted a number of years ago for bringing a firearm into the Capitol building.

I don't know how the f**k one forgets that they're carrying a firearm (especially into a Federal building [thinking] ).

Jim Webb will catch the flak for this, but he's still one of the Dem good guys on our side (along with Jon Tester).

Hmm. Does this mean Webb, that model of civility, has (had?) a scarce-and-not-available-to-the-masses DC handgun permit?

Hmm. Does this mean Webb, that model of civility, has (had?) a scarce-and-not-available-to-the-masses DC handgun permit?

If he does or not will be irrelevant, he is one of the elite and the elite can do as they please. It's in the unofficial rule book.

IIRC, one of Ted Kennedys bodyguards was busted a number of years ago for bringing a firearm into the Capitol building.

I don't know how the f**k one forgets that they're carrying a firearm (especially into a Federal building [thinking] ).

Jim Webb will catch the flak for this, but he's still one of the Dem good guys on our side (along with Jon Tester).

I remember one or several of the Senior Senator's "aids" being stopped for carrying sub-guns while boarding a plane at one of the D.C. airports back in the 70's during one of the senator's "fact finding" junkets to central america.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom