AFS accident

I was reading in the paper today that there was a shooting accident at american firearms school in north attleboro,with a picture of someone being taken out in a ambulance. I am just wondering if anyone had any extra info because the article was very small,was it a nd or something else.It doesnt suprise me much with the ammount of inexprienced shooters that go in there.

It's a decent place and for the most part the staff is on top everything but being almost perfect when it comes to fire arms isn’t even close, there isn’t any room for error within any margin.

I have visited the AFS range a few times and I didn’t feel comfortable. I think a member of the range should at least poke their head in every so often to see if people are being safe, see if anyone needs help clearing a jam, loading a weapon and just make sure the common sense safety rules are being followed. AFS isn’t a bad place but every so often you see someone step too far behind the lane with a gun, try to clear a jam and wave the gun all around, not clear the gun and pass it to their friends standing behind them. If there was a staff member there they could remind people about the simple stuff.

The main thing that worries me is when people are done shooting, re-loading, clearing or showing a weapon, the firearm doesn’t always stay up front and the barrels are often aimed in directions other then down range.

The main thing that worries me is when people are done shooting, re-loading, clearing or showing a weapon, the firearm doesn’t always stay up front and the barrels are often aimed in directions other then down range.

This, more than anything. It has very small benches, and as such, new shooters seem encouraged to turn the gun sideways (ie, not downrange) before placing it on a bench, so it won't slip off. I had a very well-meaning police trainee (who cleared and locked the gun open before doing it) sweep me this way.

I also would love more details of this accident. By analyzing this sort of thing, we've greatly increased safety and handling standards in the last few decades.

It was in the Sun Chronicle newspaper today. It just said a 48 yo woman was accidently shot in the hand around 7pm Tuesday at AFS. She was taken by Ambulance to Sturdy Memorial Hospital with a non life threatening wound. It says additional information was unavailable. I'm sure it was just another inexperienced person not safely handling a firearm!

Take a look a the pock marks in the ceiling, alot of kids go in and think they are gangbangers. Thats the bad stuff, if you are down there with experienced shooters it's a fun place to be.

I've shot there plenty of times and have always had a good experience. I have taken a lot of first time shooters there and have had positive experiences with the facility. I suspect that the individual was probably not closely supervised. I hope she's ok.

Like others have stated, their benches are extremely small and transporting weapons between the back benches to the front benches is where accidents are likely to happen.

I've shot there plenty of times and have always had a good experience. I have taken a lot of first time shooters there and have had positive experiences with the facility. I suspect that the individual was probably not closely supervised. I hope she's ok.

Like others have stated, their benches are extremely small and transporting weapons between the back benches to the front benches is where accidents are likely to happen.

I particularly hate how cramped it gets when the range is half full. I do not feel safe leaving my firearm case on the shelves behind me while I am at the line shooting.

It was in the Sun Chronicle newspaper today. It just said a 48 yo woman was accidently shot in the hand around 7pm Tuesday at AFS. She was taken by Ambulance to Sturdy Memorial Hospital with a non life threatening wound. It says additional information was unavailable. I'm sure it was just another inexperienced person not safely handling a firearm!

I was there at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, so it must have happened shortly after I left.

I particularly hate how cramped it gets when the range is half full. I do not feel safe leaving my firearm case on the shelves behind me while I am at the line shooting.

Having thought about your comment, I have to agree with you. At times, depending on the shooters, I do get the same feeling. While its rare, usually when I go the place is full of LE.

Having thought about your comment, I have to agree with you. At times, depending on the shooters, I do get the same feeling. While its rare, usually when I go the place is full of LE.

the LE are the worst for space hogging when I am there! They use every available rack, and last time one picked up my gun case to move it. I was rather pissed at him taking my case and putting it on the ground. I told him politely and he put it back, but it still pissed me off.

Been there a couple of times when it was sorta busy, but I don't stick around when they're jammin'. One thing that sometimes makes me a bit uncomfortable is that there does not seem to be any kind of a regular range officer to keep an eye on the line and what goes on there.

Back
Top Bottom