AK - Fish & Game "Mistakenly" Shoots Wolves Under Study By NPS

oh wait i just learned wolves wearing collers are vegitarians, there is no way they could have been guilty of helping eat all those moose... they must have left the park in search for some green beans..

You are quoting me in a post, and then claiming that "you" in the response doesn't refer to me?

What was it that Clinton said? That depends upon what the definition of what is is...

Listen, don't be an ass about this. I'm telling you that I wasn't directing it at you. If I was directing it at you, believe me I'd tell you. There is no reason for you to prolong this. It wasn't directed at you. You must have better things to do.

Go back and read the analogy that I included, if that helps you see how to use the word "you" in a conversation and not have it directed at the person that you are talking to. It isn't rocket science.

Listen, don't be an ass about this. I'm telling you that I wasn't directing it at you. If I was directing it at you, believe me I'd tell you. There is no reason for you to prolong this. It wasn't directed at you. You must have better things to do.

Go back and read the analogy that I included, if that helps you see how to use the word "you" in a conversation and not have it directed at the person that you are talking to. It isn't rocket science.

when you say something like

Listen.. does that mean your directing it directly to someone that you quoted?

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with joggers.

It has to do with overabundant wolf population and ensuing excess predetation on caribou and moose, both of which generate a lot of tourism money through big game hunts.

FAIRBANKS - The state Department of Fish and Game took to the air this week to track and shoot wolves in the Fortymile region near Tok, an effort aimed at boosting moose and caribou numbers.

The three-day field operation concluded Thursday with nine wolves killed in the first two days of the operation, including two collared wolves that were part of a National Park Service study. The wolves were killed on state land outside the Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve.

when you say something like

Listen.. does that mean your directing it directly to someone that you quoted?

Cut the crap. He said he didnt mean to direct it at you. Maybe it was worded that way but he has since been clear that that was not his intention. Grow up and stop argueing for arguings sake.

Cut the crap. He said he didnt mean to direct it at you. Maybe it was worded that way but he has since been clear that that was not his intention. Grow up and stop argueing for arguings sake.

how rude, lol..

ok fine you win ill stop feeding this fire.

Thanks. I didn't mean it at the guy. Otherwise, if you take "you" literally to mean him in that post, it would also seem that I am accusing him of jogging through the back country in Alaska. Don't know why people get so hung up on some things, even when you tell them that you meant something other than what they understood your post to mean.

Good lord...Let's just reword it, OK?

And JackD, you are welcome. You could have done this earlier to assuage the misperceptions...

If people want to prevent a coyote species, or some other harmful species, from harming their property or neighborhood, that is one thing that I am fine with. But if they're the type of lunatics who want to go and kill off some wolves, which are not otherwise causing any problems, so those same people can go jogging in the back country, then they are pretty screwed up.

Really?
Yeah, really.
boxing.gif

Got ANY evidence of the wolves in question attacking anyone?
Apparently none was required.

Attacking any cattle?
Cattle? In the backwoods of Alaska ? [rofl]

Even leaving the park?
Get a clue, its a predator control program. When the wolf population hits a certian number they kill off a few. Apparently you're the only one who got his panties in a bunch over a casual offhand remark on teh interweb

Return negative rep sent.
By the way you don't have to sign it anymore, its automatic now.

Last edited:
Good lord...Let's just reword it, OK?

And JackD, you are welcome. You could have done this earlier to assuage the misperceptions...

If people want to prevent a coyote species, or some other harmful species, from harming their property or neighborhood, that is one thing that I am fine with. But if they're the type of lunatics who want to go and kill off some wolves, which are not otherwise causing any problems, so those same people can go jogging in the back country, then they are pretty screwed up.

Thanks. That really is all that post meant. Didn't realize how apparently confusing it was to some. Hope this didn't disrupt the thread too much.

Is this at all related to the story about the school teacher that they thought was eaten by the wolf a couple of days ago?

Is this at all related to the story about the school teacher that they thought was eaten by the wolf a couple of days ago?

No for the third time.....

It isnt because of Joggers, it isnt because of schoolteachers being eaten, it isnt because the aliens have taken over the wolves bodies and plan to take over the world....

FAIRBANKS - The state Department of Fish and Game took to the air this week to track and shoot wolves in the Fortymile region near Tok, an effort aimed at boosting moose and caribou numbers.

The three-day field operation concluded Thursday with nine wolves killed in the first two days of the operation, including two collared wolves that were part of a National Park Service study. The wolves were killed on state land outside the Yukon-Charley Rivers National Preserve.

Back
Top Bottom