Alangator Trimag 10/22 mag coupler

Was thinking of buying one. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was thinking of maybe trying some 10/22 action rifle shoots.

Or can onyone recommend anything different? I will be using on this....

DSC_4889.jpg

Last edited:
eh, IMO, they make a compact mag bulky and cumbersome. I've had several people try them at Appleseed and they seem to cause more trouble than they are worth.

A better bet may be banana mags (Butler Creek makes 10 rounders with steel lips, which I don't think are total crap), but I've always had good luck with the regular Ruger mags.

I have not used the Trimag coupler, but I would imagine it would get in the way of your forearm if you're shooting prone (and quite possibly in other positions too).

I have a bunch of similar connectors that link to magazines, one on top of another. They make the magazine just small enough that it's not quite in the way, but the protruding magazine gives you something to grip when you're reloading, which is very helful. I wish I had a link for those, but I can't find them anywhere.

eh, IMO, they make a compact mag bulky and cumbersome. I've had several people try them at Appleseed and they seem to cause more trouble than they are worth.

I'm one of those guys. Seemed like a great idea; didn't work out in action. I was using the 2 mag couplers.

If you get 25 rounders, make sure you get the ones with steel feed lips.

Tony, I never thought about the prone position, good point.

Kevlar, I never thought of that, It is cheaper and probably easier to flip around. I have an order at Brownells now. I am waiting for the Volquartsen trigger and 2 mags but I can easily add that to that order.

Cooter, I was looking at the 25 rounder on Brownells but in the description it says "Four cap screws allow precise adjustment of feed angle, feed height, and ejector-to-bolt engagement using the supplied 3/32" Allen wrench." and I don't think I would know gow to adjust it.

I have a couple, they work fine. I got them because factory mags are super tight in one of my aftermarket stocks - the couplers also serve as a handle to take the mags out.

Does anyone here know what they are talking about?

A better bet may be banana mags (Butler Creek makes 10 rounders with steel lips, which I don't think are total crap), but I've always had good luck with the regular Ruger mags.

I find it interesting you all have made many assumptions regarding the TriMag (all wrong), yet only one of you have ever tried it! AND HE LIKES IT!! Do a Google search for customer reviews - you will find 5 stars everywhere. Do a bit more research and you will also note many pro shooters use and ENDORSE TriMag, a number of them securing national shooting championship matches using it.
Ruger endorses it and sells it on their site. You don't see FTF Butler Creek Products there....

Gets in the way of your forearm? Wrong. It eliminates it. Bulky and cumbersome? Ever tried to bench shoot with that big old stupid banana sticking out? Reload in a hurry? TriMag sits flat on a bench with each mag facing straight up with some left over to hold on to. As a matter of fact, inserted, it holds your rifle straight up as well. Where do you store your banana mag? Your POCKET? TriMag has it's own pouch - find a pouch for you cumbersome banana. You already have a bunch of standard mags? Clamp them together, don't go buy any more FTF merchandise. The rotary magazine is absolutely the most dependable.

TriMag is a GREAT value and it has changed the face of timed competition shooting. Bottom line is, don't go on forums and talk about something you know nothing about. Try it. Then talk......

I find it interesting you all have made many assumptions regarding the TriMag (all wrong), yet only one of you have ever tried it! AND HE LIKES IT!! Do a Google search for customer reviews - you will find 5 stars everywhere. Do a bit more research and you will also note many pro shooters use and ENDORSE TriMag, a number of them securing national shooting championship matches using it.
Ruger endorses it and sells it on their site. You don't see FTF Butler Creek Products there....

Gets in the way of your forearm? Wrong. It eliminates it. Bulky and cumbersome? Ever tried to bench shoot with that big old stupid banana sticking out? Reload in a hurry? TriMag sits flat on a bench with each mag facing straight up with some left over to hold on to. As a matter of fact, inserted, it holds your rifle straight up as well. Where do you store your banana mag? Your POCKET? TriMag has it's own pouch - find a pouch for you cumbersome banana. You already have a bunch of standard mags? Clamp them together, don't go buy any more FTF merchandise. The rotary magazine is absolutely the most dependable.

TriMag is a GREAT value and it has changed the face of timed competition shooting. Bottom line is, don't go on forums and talk about something you know nothing about. Try it. Then talk......

You joined just to post that? Good luck here.

I have used the. Product and found it bulky, cumbersome, annoying, and overall useless. That said, everyone has their own opinions and experiences. I'm sure there are people that love the product, especially those that you paid to like it.

I'm going to buy one based on this post alone. Not sarcasm, I was actually searching online about them and found this post on google.

I've got one. It's a very handy little device. I can't imagine a better or more useful way to join 3 rotary mags.

You joined just to post that? Good luck here.

I have used the. Product and found it bulky, cumbersome, annoying, and overall useless. That said, everyone has their own opinions and experiences. I'm sure there are people that love the product, especially those that you paid to like it.

I find your remark very offensive. Paid people to like it?
You obviously don't like to be wrong. That's how companies stay in business, they pay people to take their products. Why not ask Jim O'Young, pro shooter, what he thinks about it. Ask the Ruger Pro teams what they think about it. Ask Clark Custom Gun's National Chanpionship teams what they think about it. Ask Volquartsen Custom what they think about it. Ask Chet at Tactical Solutions and all his team members what they think about it.
Are you a National Championship shooter?
I find it very irksome how someone with a keyboard in front of them can go ahead and put forth fiction about something they know nothing about.....and stick by their remarks regardless of the evidence to the contrary.
Opinion is not fact. I guess the 70 thousand people who have purchased and use them in competition are all wrong. We all bow to your infinite knowledge. Thank you!

I find your remark very offensive. Paid people to like it?
You obviously don't like to be wrong. That's how companies stay in business, they pay people to take their products. Why not ask Jim O'Young, pro shooter, what he thinks about it. Ask the Ruger Pro teams what they think about it. Ask Clark Custom Gun's National Chanpionship teams what they think about it. Ask Volquartsen Custom what they think about it. Ask Chet at Tactical Solutions and all his team members what they think about it.
Are you a National Championship shooter?
I find it very irksome how someone with a keyboard in front of them can go ahead and put forth fiction about something they know nothing about.....and stick by their remarks regardless of the evidence to the contrary.
Opinion is not fact. I guess the 70 thousand people who have purchased and use them in competition are all wrong. We all bow to your infinite knowledge. Thank you!

Well, some people find it very "irksome" when product shills create accounts on NES and then start shilling their product while adding nothing, so if you sense some hostility here, that's probably why. If you didn't come off sounding like a used car salesman, you probably would not be getting the reception you are. People around here have highly tuned bullshit detectors, and you probably just tripped off mike93lx's. The fact that you necroposted on something a year old doesn't help your credibility, either.

Part of NES is that people generally have freedom to post their opinions on a product, and if someone doesn't like that, then too bad. I should also mention that a lot of the members here know one another and shoot with one another, so this isn't your average gun board where suddenly the members are going to take everything a 1 post wonder says as gospel, at least not without getting to know the guy first.

-Mike

Someone failed PR101.

THIS.

I actually owned one before the deal with the pouches were offered.

I use the product when teaching new shooters. This saves time on loading and focused on shooting techniques and safety.

I appreciate and use the product without any problems. Your post appears that you joined to push your product and not become part of NES.

The website for your company is very sparce and I can not find anywhere to purchase JUST the pouch without paying an extraordinary amount.

Due to this I have misplaced it and now do not know wheere it is.

Spreading some informative product information instead of being defensive on a year old post, as noted above, or introducing yourself would go a long way here on this here forum.

Sincerely,

Matt

I appreciate the comments, but please note, MIKE931LX's comments presented on this site is what brought me here - negative comments from someone who had never even touched a TriMag, to be reviewed by many people. Is that right?
You expect I should sit back and not say a word? I came here to set the record straight......I noticed not a person stepped up and said a word to straighten out the inaccurate comments until I made one. How come?
Hey, I'm just like you guys. I am a veteran - still wearing the uniform; a shooter and a working class stiff who took a big risk and put out a good product at a good price. Many people use it and many people like it. You bet I'm going to defend it.....just like I do this country every day and your right to make comments on this site and to carry your firearm. I am guessing you don't go around badmouthing each other such as what was done here to my product and now me personally.
Nobody is getting rich here at my end of things. I do my military duty and then work most evenings and days off. Comments like what were made damage in many ways, but to have it come from somebody who hadn't even touched TriMag was a bit over the top. You bet you will get a response from me. Just like you'll get when you need something. It goes both ways.
PR? We replace everything even when you mess it up - a total of 3 in 3 years. You talk to me if you have a problem and I fix it. I donate heavily to firearms functions, especially to kids and veterans events. We buy all USA origin materials and sell an entirely USA made product. USA made costs more and we eat that....why? It is worth it. You all are worth it. How much more PR do you require?
A PR point for you all. Go ahead and show hostility toward newcomers and see how many stick around...just a thought...

I appreciate the comments, but please note, MIKE931LX's comments presented on this site is what brought me here - negative comments from someone who had never even touched a TriMag, to be reviewed by many people. Is that right?

Did you miss his comments in #14? He stated he used the product and didn't like it.

You expect I should sit back and not say a word? I came here to set the record straight......I noticed not a person stepped up and said a word to straighten out the inaccurate comments until I made one. How come?

What's so "innacurate" about his opinion? He didn't like the product. BFD. If you've been doing this long enough, you should realize that trying to please everyone is an unrealistic and unattainable goal.

Hell, in between all your whining, 3 other members posted that thought your device was useful or was potentially useful. Can't ask
for much better than that.

Hey, I'm just like you guys. I am a veteran - still wearing the uniform; a shooter and a working class stiff who took a big risk and put out a good product at a good price. Many people use it and many people like it. You bet I'm going to defend it.....just like I do this country every day and your right to make comments on this site and to carry your firearm. I am guessing you don't go around badmouthing each other such as what was done here to my product and now me personally.
Nobody is getting rich here at my end of things. I do my military duty and then work most evenings and days off. Comments like what were made damage in many ways, but to have it come from somebody who hadn't even touched TriMag was a bit over the top. You bet you will get a response from me. Just like you'll get when you need something. It goes both ways.
PR? We replace everything even when you mess it up - a total of 3 in 3 years. You talk to me if you have a problem and I fix it. I donate heavily to firearms functions, especially to kids and veterans events. We buy all USA origin materials and sell an entirely USA made product. USA made costs more and we eat that....why? It is worth it. You all are worth it. How much more PR do you require?
A PR point for you all. Go ahead and show hostility toward newcomers and see how many stick around...just a thought...

Here's a PR tip- instead of acting all bent like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum when someone doesn't like your product, you could have used the opportunity to ask the guy questions like how you could improve it, or for that matter, just ignore his post realizing that, quite simply, you are not going to please everyone.

-Mike

Did you miss his comments in #14? He stated he used the product and didn't like it.

What's so "innacurate" about his opinion? He didn't like the product. BFD. If you've been doing this long enough, you should realize that trying to please everyone is an unrealistic and unattainable goal.

Hell, in between all your whining, 3 other members posted that thought your device was useful or was potentially useful. Can't ask
for much better than that.

Here's a PR tip- instead of acting all bent like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum when someone doesn't like your product, you could have used the opportunity to ask the guy questions like how you could improve it, or for that matter, just ignore his post realizing that, quite simply, you are not going to please everyone.

-Mike

Mike,
Enough. Eniough of your rudeness and your mouth. You want to bully, you have my number.......

Maybe the part were Mike93lx said Alangator was paying people to like the product.

I like alangator PR style and will buy more of his stuff.

Reading comprehension fail on my part. That said, if he's ever given away a sample to someone, he has, via human nature, paid someone to like the product- and even if he has done so, there really isn't anything inherently wrong with that. (we see people sponsoring products all the time). Even if he thinks this is some big dust up, he should have addressed that specifically instead of trying to defend his product by throwing trophies at him. [laugh]

-Mike

Mike,
Enough. Eniough of your rudeness and your mouth. You want to bully, you have my number.......

I'm not bullying anyone. You are the one who came into this thread throwing grenades, because you didn't like a review someone wrote a year ago.

Hell, even despite this dust up here, I still may purchase your product down the road when I get a 10/22. It looks like something I might actually use. I might suggest, however, that you try to use a little bit of tact when dealing with customers or potential customers. Most of them are a lot more thin skinned than I am.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom