Alliant Powder suspends production??

If you're mad about this but support ukraine....
Particularly given the duration and level. Nobody should be surprised when theres a proxy meat grinder festival going on over there, that eventually it would contribute to f***ing up commodities globally. Jingocon retards thought Ukraine would be "done" by now but all these billions injected are doing is dragging out a pereptual meat grinding session. When the dust settles this conflict will be viewed as one of the dumbest, most pointless wars ever conducted. Bush Jr will exhale slightly at the end, that's how dumb it is. 🤣

Particularly given the duration and level. Nobody should be surprised when theres a proxy meat grinder festival going on over there, that eventually it would contribute to f***ing up commodities globally. Jingocon retards thought Ukraine would be "done" by now but all these billions injected are doing is dragging out a pereptual meat grinding session. When the dust settles this conflict will be viewed as one of the dumbest, most pointless wars ever conducted. Bush Jr will exhale slightly at the end, that's how dumb it is. 🤣

How much nitrocellulose goes into an artillery shell?

Retard f***bois in the ukraine thread will still cheer it on.

I got about 10ish pounds of 2400 left which will last a little bit since I only use it for 357 mag
Load up four really hot rounds with it and seriously test your revolvers’ frames.

Come on - you know you want to.

(Yes i AM fully aware of the amount of powder per round - I load 357 and 38).

Load up four really hot rounds with it and seriously test your revolvers’ frames.

With 180gr bullets. 🤣 there was a banned guy here that used to run these thumpers, he told me he only could run them in his GP100 because they'd wreck a smith or most others. He used them on pins, to decent effect.

With 180gr bullets. 🤣 there was a banned guy here that used to run these thumpers, he told me he only could run them in his GP100 because they'd wreck a smith or most others. He used them on pins, to decent effect.

Max load of 4227 and 180's from Missouri Bullet.
Stout is an understatement. Its like proof testing for a 627. Has some oomph in a levergun too. I think the brass stretched.

How much nitrocellulose goes into an artillery shell?

Retard f***bois in the ukraine thread will still cheer it on.

It's not in the shell, the shell contains TNT or Composition B high explosive.

The amount of propellant used in 155mm artillery shells can vary based on the specific charge selected and the tactical situation. Here are some details about the propellants used for 155mm howitzers:

1. M3A1 Propellant (Green Bag):
  2. M4A2 Propellant (White Bag):
  3. M203 Propellant:
Keep in mind that the specific charge selected depends on the desired range to the target and the operational context.

The worst part of the situation is, all the powder not used when firing lower charges is burned off at the rear of the guns in a small trench under the direction of the battery XO. I've seen thousands of pounds burned off spending 6 years in the artillery.

Last edited:
Ordered some IMR4895 a couple of days ago to try in the M1. Haven't seen that for a while.

Just ordered 6 lbs of TiteGroup, it's my "goto" powder for 9mm.

Called a friend who runs a reloading company as a sideline, he's bringing 2000 rounds of 62grn .223 for me to our multigun match in two weeks.

I've been shooting more rifle lately, (AR-15), but I just don't want to get into loading rifle rounds...

I ordered a pretty good supply of Alliant Bullseye and Power Pistol last night from one of my usual mid-size vendors. I pretty much guzzle rifle powders and sip pistol powders, but these are my two favorites- Bullseye for 38 wadcutters and PP for spicy 10mm rounds. Doesn't seem to be a run on this stuff yet- they still have stock. Looks like either MA or their lawyers afraid of MA have changed policy. They used to just ship to me but now require paperwork and LTC image. At least they go to the trouble of that and didn't turn their back on us.

The tell-tale will be in a few days.
If Hodgdon/ Lovex/ Whateverelse comes out and says the same thing, its a shortage and theres some truth to it.
If not, its Vista going under and selling off various parts of its business.
I thought they where already doing that , Hodgdon will suspend what ever rebranded alliant powders they put out.

Back
Top Bottom