Almost Turkey Time

My license finally came in and Monday is the first day. Oooooo and guess what, there's a Tom in my back yard right now. How convenient.

Probably be gone Monday AM.[crying]

Anyone else hittin' the woods Monday morning?

I'll be in the woods. I need to grab a new shotgun or I'll be heading into the woods with a 20 gauge o/u

My son and I were at the range last weekend. Every time he shot the .308 it would be followed by a loud gobble-gobble. Talk about DUMB! We saw him driving out of the range. He was big, with his feathers all fluffed, and not afraid at all.

Ahhh Turkey time...I had no luck at the Winchendeon WMA last year.
Too bad I missed the deadline for this spring as well.

Anybody a Harvard club member here? There seems to be a really nice spot outside the club...

Anybody a Harvard club member here? There seems to be a really nice spot outside the club...

Oh yes, the whole flock was there mocking me after the Saturday Appleseed!

I will be out there. I was just gathering together my gear when I decided to take a break and check the message board. Hopefully, we can get a few pictures up starting next week. [smile] Good luck everybody.

You can get a permit over the counter at the Westboro Mass Wildlife Office if you really want to go out for spring turkey. I get mine there every year. $5.00, and they'll give you those stupid little green stickers too!!

My brother and i have been scouting for a week, we've put our eye's on lots of birds. Can't wait till monday. Last year i got a 16.5lb jake with a 6in beard and a 19lb tom with a 9in beard and 1in spurs, and that was my first year ever hunting turkey's, now i'm hooked. good luck everyone.

I'll be out monday. I spent this morning in the woods and had 2 respectable Toms within 15yds on 2 occasions. By Monday at least 1 will be on the dinner plate!!!!

Found a flock around ...here, somewhere... but can't locate the roost tree.

My other problem is I suck at using the calls.
I pratice but it annoys the hell outta MrsTwigg.

i missed the mail date so i went straight to mass wildlife and I had no problem. They printed the licence out right there

Have all the gear waiting by the door for Monday morning. Saw a hen yesterday but will be scouting for Tom Saturday morning. Shoot em in the face boys!

My license finally came in and Monday is the first day. Oooooo and guess what, there's a Tom in my back yard right now. How convenient.

Probably be gone Monday AM.[crying]

Anyone else hittin' the woods Monday morning?

When did you get your turkey tag? I am still waiting for mine!

You can get a permit over the counter at the Westboro Mass Wildlife Office if you really want to go out for spring turkey. I get mine there every year. $5.00, and they'll give you those stupid little green stickers too!!

Yep... just got my permit today!! You can buy it online too. I'll be hunting in Oakham and New Braintree

Yep... just got my permit today!! You can buy it online too. I'll be hunting in Oakham and New Braintree

The last time I checked the masswildlife website you had to have bought your hunting license online to purchase a permit online.

I'll be going to my local range this weekend to shoot the Benelli Nova and try to get in some quick practice. I wanted to get a red dot on top her but dropped the ball. No time now so it's open sights until fall. I picked up a new full choke. See how it goes.

[grin]

Back
Top Bottom