Also just joined

I've also been lurking and reading since I found this site a couple of months ago. Already found a lot of useful information here, so I know membership is going to be really helpful.

I'm new to shooting - started 3 months ago. Looking forward to learning from all the experienced shooters here, getting to know some other new shooters like myself, and just generally making new friends.

Welcome to the site neighbor. I am sure you will enjoy the site and learn a bit. Do not be afraid to ask questions. You may get a butt wipping by one of the crank heads here, but we all mean well. Just part of the process. Enjoy.

Welcome. Lot's of good info here. Ignore the trolls and you'll have a great time.

Welcome, hope you find lots of good information. For laughs check the Funny Picture and Video Megathread, it's helped me through tough days.

Welcome aboard! Plenty of people willing to help out, and lots of great minds. Stay away from the trolls in the Off-topic areas. There is a lot of posturing and measuring there that is often a clear sign of insecurity.

What kinds of shooting are you interested in? Have you joined a club yet?

Welcome aboard! Plenty of people willing to help out, and lots of great minds. Stay away from the trolls in the Off-topic areas. There is a lot of posturing and measuring there that is often a clear sign of insecurity.

What kinds of shooting are you interested in? Have you joined a club yet?

I'm currently most enjoying pistol shooting. And yes, I joined Mass Firearms School in Holliston, MA back in August. I went there for my Basic Firearms Safety Course for my LTC application - found it to be an awesome place, and bought a range membership there. I've been taking lessons with an instructor there, but just got my LTC last week, so I'll be shooting alone for the first time next visit. Very cool.

I've been mostly using a Glock G19, SIG Sauer P229E (sometimes P226), and Beretta 92FS. Will keep working on those alone, and figure out which I'd like to buy as a first.

I'm currently most enjoying pistol shooting. And yes, I joined Mass Firearms School in Holliston, MA back in August. I went there for my Basic Firearms Safety Course for my LTC application - found it to be an awesome place, and bought a range membership there. I've been taking lessons with an instructor there, but just got my LTC last week, so I'll be shooting alone for the first time next visit. Very cool.

I've been mostly using a Glock G19, SIG Sauer P229E (sometimes P226), and Beretta 92FS. Will keep working on those alone, and figure out which I'd like to buy as a first.

Saweet! The guns you have been shooting are certainly all fine firearms. If your first purchase is going to be an all purpose handgun that can do double duty as a carry gun and a home defense gun, gotta give the G19 and the 229 the edge, in that order, for ease of carry and reliability etc.
If your not ready to carry, you just can't beat the 226 and the 92FS for full size service pistols.

Assuming that you are talking 9mm I would say the 226 and 229 are the lightest recoil and most accurate, with the 92 being so close it is hardly worth mentioning. The only thing more reliable than a Glock 19 is the sunrise.

If you decide at some point that you would like the option of carrying, do a little research and you will find more advice than you could probably imagine on the subject. A quick tip about searching the forum is to use google. Just type "Northeast Shooters" and your question, and you will get great results.

Don't be afraid to buy a gently used handgun and save money. Lots of decent deals to be found in the NES classifieds.

As a female, you are part of the largest growing segment of lawful firearms owners... and I think it is awesome. I am so glad I got my 22 year old daughter into shooting.

Good advice there.

Hopefully my skin is thick enough to help me cope as I go along here! I had a bit of a head-start growing up in a city where people are weaned on sarcasm as a form of wit.

Everyone has been really friendly so far. I'll surely return the favor by trying to stay out of trouble :)

Hopefully my skin is thick enough to help me cope as I go along here! I had a bit of a head-start growing up in a city where people are weaned on sarcasm as a form of wit.

Everyone has been really friendly so far. I'll surely return the favor by trying to stay out of trouble :)

We'll see how long that lasts... [laugh]

Ok gang, what's the over/under on that one?? [rofl2]

There are some people you'll learn to ignore here. Of course, the group buys are really worth the cost of supporting the site. Met a LOT of great people that way.

Saweet! The guns you have been shooting are certainly all fine firearms. If your first purchase is going to be an all purpose handgun that can do double duty as a carry gun and a home defense gun, gotta give the G19 and the 229 the edge, in that order, for ease of carry and reliability etc.
If your not ready to carry, you just can't beat the 226 and the 92FS for full size service pistols.

Assuming that you are talking 9mm I would say the 226 and 229 are the lightest recoil and most accurate, with the 92 being so close it is hardly worth mentioning. The only thing more reliable than a Glock 19 is the sunrise.

If you decide at some point that you would like the option of carrying, do a little research and you will find more advice than you could probably imagine on the subject. A quick tip about searching the forum is to use google. Just type "Northeast Shooters" and your question, and you will get great results.

Don't be afraid to buy a gently used handgun and save money. Lots of decent deals to be found in the NES classifieds.

As a female, you are part of the largest growing segment of lawful firearms owners... and I think it is awesome. I am so glad I got my 22 year old daughter into shooting.

Fencer, thanks so much for all the great advice - very helpful, and I appreciate it.

I too am glad I decided to start shooting. It started purely as a hobby, but very quickly became a self-defense mission too. Really loving it so far. I don't have any in-state friends who shoot, so it was great finding this community here.

Just realize some of us have a extremely twisted sensor of humor and where mean to our friends.

Read the Boris shovel ak thread.

Funny pic thread is awesome.

Don't post selfies listing to metal driving to a company that ripped you off . We will make fun of you .

We'll see how long that lasts... [laugh]

Ok gang, what's the over/under on that one?? [rofl2]

There are some people you'll learn to ignore here. Of course, the group buys are really worth the cost of supporting the site. Met a LOT of great people that way.

Guess I should've stayed quiet ;-)

But yes, just from plowing through the forums a bit so far, I'm realizing the potential for getting to know some great folk here.

Just realize some of us have a extremely twisted sensor of humor and where mean to our friends.

Read the Boris shovel ak thread.

Funny pic thread is awesome.

Don't post selfies listing to metal driving to a company that ripped you off . We will make fun of you .

Also try to read what you're about to post, especially if from a phone/tablet with auto-correct enabled. Makes for some really garbled posts (seen above, I've seen far worse too)...

Guess I should've stayed quiet ;-)

But yes, just from plowing through the forums a bit so far, I'm realizing the potential for getting to know some great folk here.

I met a lot of members through either the NES shoot (only went to one) and from hosting a build party (went on for months). I also hosted the first NES Sausage Fest recently, and hope to have more of those. It would be great if a woman (or a few) would join in the fun. [laugh] Good fun grinding, and cramming meat into hog guts. [rofl2] Then there's the periodic get togethers that are run around here. Pretty much once a quarter a bunch of us meet up at Molly's Tavern in NH. I know there are more frequent meetings in Natick and Framingham (or those areas). Good chance to meet other members.

Back
Top Bottom