Amoskeag auction?

Yea, I've been to quite a few. It's a typical auction in as much as there is always a great buy and always some off the deep end high numbers.

It's a good take but after waiting for 4 hours for one gun to go off, I was too tired and bored to wait so I left. I swore that I would not go live again and deal with the electronic bidding process next time. Thanks for the heads up, I have to register to bid at that auction online. The last one was their first online as well as live auction.

Been going for years and bought a lot of guns from them. I have been doing the left bid more lately thou,they get some good guns and have always treated me fairly.You do have to know when to stop thou and what the gun(s) you are buying are really worth.I find I can get a good deal if I have a wide range of "wants",many go higher then what I think I want it for but if you stay-or bid on enough you will win some.

I find that most of the guns at auctions go towards the high side. Your best bargains are towards the end when most buyers have already spent their money. The negative is they are also the least desirable ones. I have picked up a few though. Like Dave says Know what you are buying and what you want to spend. Don't get caught up in the auction hype and go crazy. Also remember there is a buyers premium. Add that and any transfer to your price.

Before they went to online bidding, you could hang around and at the end of the day the crowd thinned out and now and then you could get a real bargain. With the online bidding the bargains are now rare. I do admit that I have seen (and touched) items there, that heretofore I have only read about!

Boy, this Bateman flintlock blunderbuss would make a beautiful "over the mantle" piece...

12.jpg

'course, I'm liking the cannons, too.

(My bride says, "Oh, sure, you want a cannon. But who's gonna end up taking care of it?!" [rofl] )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom