An Update on GOAL, The Foundation, and TOM

Talk about dodging a bullet.

I was on the board of Hopkinton Sportsmens years ago when we discussed donating some land for a GOAL HQ. The talks broke down when the board did not want to make as unconditional a gift as GOAL needed (the concern was what if something happens in the future and GOAL sells the building). I had no idea at the time that the plan was to form a separate foundation under control of the family that would act as GOAL's landlord, rather than just have GOAL own its own building.

Clear and concise answer to everything that has gone on the last year. You need to put this out to every GOAL member so that the lies and distortions from others can end. Adding 150k to the GOAL revenue stream is HUGE in my opinion and can only help GOAL grow in the long run.

Kudos to the new board and to Jim for putting this out there.

EVERY sportsmens club that gets TOM or is part of GOAL needs this publicly posted at their clubhouse.

Here is my only next question.... Who were the people who wanted to keep the association to the blood sucking leaches and are they still on the board.

Here is my only next question.... Who were the people who wanted to keep the association to the blood sucking leaches and are they still on the board.

No they're not. Between the last election and resignations, about 1/2 of the BoD turned over. We have a new set of officers as well.

No they're not. Between the last election and resignations, about 1/2 of the BoD turned over. We have a new set of officers as well.

Jay Beard is doing an outstanding job as President! It's an honor to be on the team with him, the man is constantly thinking about ways to raise money and not spend money! He has GOAL and the 2nd Amendment formost in his thoughts!

Thanks for the clarity.
I'm very encouraged and optimistic about the future of GOAL.
And yes, Jon is a superb instructor and all around good guy.

Now that I’ve been a GOAL ‘insider’ (general member of the GOAL Board of Directors) for a few months, I’ve learned a lot more about the complex relationship that existed between GOAL, the confusingly-named GOAL Foundation, and The Outdoor Message.

Jim, EXCELLENT summary - better than I would have done. Well done.

Great write up Jim !!! As a member of the BoD, along with Jim, Chris & Ross, you can all imagine what we thought when the 'Real' numbers were made available to us. Eye opening is an understatement.

Oh my, yes. There were a few jaws dropping.

Bob P had to work very hard to get that fire going. Lots of people, including me, took quite a bit of convincing.

I, too, am one of those who had a hard time believing what was going on. Thanks to Bob P, though, we have a rejuvenated GOAL with no baggage weighing us down.

A critical test of any organization is when the leadership (both formal and informal) passes from the original founders to persons who come up from within the membership via elections. It is great to see that GOAL has passed this test, and emerged strong, positioned for the future, and not dependent on any one single person for its continued existence.

Thanks to all involved and [cheers] for getting things back on the right track. I will be renewing membership now because of this.

Now that your on the BoD maybe you can drop some hints about bloat and trying to add 25yr mandatory minimum sentences.... [rolleyes]

Jay Beard is doing an outstanding job as President! It's an honor to be on the team with him, the man is constantly thinking about ways to raise money and not spend money! He has GOAL and the 2nd Amendment formost in his thoughts!

Plus one on that! I think the new blood on the board is working out great!!!

thanks, jim! we knew that all the guys who were from NES looking to get in with GOAL were solid individuals and we believed things would change. it's great to see that they have in fact done so and in spectacular fashion. [cheers]

After reading the part about raising the rent "Retroactively", I had to chuckle, Yep, being a thug, If I don't have it my way, you will pay. I watched him play that game for many, many years.

It would indeed be an interesting lease that provided for retroactive rent increases. The fact that such a contract was accepted was an indication of either (a) an understanding one had to take otherwise unconscionable terms in order to get a very good deal, (b) being asleep at the switch or (c) malfeasance. My guess is on "a". The fact that such a clause apparently existed is certainly evidence that the foundation was trying to establish a safety mechanism to make sure that the nipple attachment would be hard to break.

Thanks Jim.

Now how do we get you to run for Public Office?

~Matt

thanks, jim! we knew that all the guys who were from NES looking to get in with GOAL were solid individuals and we believed things would change. it's great to see that they have in fact done so and in spectacular fashion. [cheers]
While I thank you for your confidence, most of this either happened or was set in motion before the 'new' NES people (including me) were elected to the BoD.

props to the guys/gals that made it happen in that case, for sure--but you and everyone else still can take some credit for keeping things on the right track of course!

While I thank you for your confidence, most of this either happened or was set in motion before the 'new' NES people (including me) were elected to the BoD.

True, but some of them must have seen the inevitable, because of the efforts of all of you, well before any elections. Handwriting on the wall, so to speak. It weakened their will to fight, even though there was probably little they could do.

Let us not forget the heart of GOAL, Jim, Tara, Jon, Angie, and Mike. They put their jobs on the line and moved forward with the change. Hat's off to all of you!

So that all reflects back on whom? Who was the attorney of record for GOAL? Who was the attorney of record for GOAL Foundation?

I don't know. That all happened a long time ago. I can tell you this: We are not going on a witch hunt.

It will not benefit GOAL to exhaust valuable resources in a punitive (and probably futile) quest for payback.

We're going to concentrate on what we need to do to move forward, without repeating the mistakes of the past.

I don't know. That all happened a long time ago. I can tell you this: We are not going on a witch hunt.

It will not benefit GOAL to exhaust valuable resources in a punitive (and probably futile) quest for payback.

We're going to concentrate on what we need to do to move forward, without repeating the mistakes of the past.

+1 Well said. The past should be the Past regarding this IMO. Thank to all.

Thanks for the good news on GOAL front - I renewed my expired membership and requested electronic newsletter. These days, I wonder if you'd be better off to default to electronic version in any case, and let people who prefer dead tree version to sign up for it instead of the other way around? Seems to be more economical than current default.

What a clear and concise explanation of the history and the projected future... and a nicely optimistic future it looks to be, too!

I especially appreciate the dignity shown in the behavior towards the MSF and those historically responsible for the poor decisions. Stay classy, GOAL! [thumbsup]

AC

Thank you Jim. I have only been a member of the shooting community for less than two years. Although I have taken several courses through GOAL, I delayed joining, particularly after reading that Nicole resigned and then when all of the information about insider dealing came to light. Your message here suggests to me that GOAL is now in good hands and headed in the right direction. Thanks to BobP for having the courage to stand up and for the GOAL members and board for helping to right the ship. I just signed up for a 5-year family membership.

Back
Top Bottom