• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anderson Power Pole switches

Does anyone know if such an animal exists?

I'm looking for a two position switch that would either have a power pole connector on either side of the switch or would be easy enough for a novice like myself to build. Preferably, I'd want something pre-built, but if one doesn't exist...it would be nice to have the switch in a self contained box that I could route wire into.

I'm not very handy, but I want to try and learn some very simple basic wiring and electronics stuff.

Thanks in advance.

My garage still has light switches like this:

220px-DPDT_knife_switch_in_closed_position.jpg

Although mine are ceramic base.

They still work. It's ok, the work was permitted. Back around 1935.

12VDC is a good place to start, tougher to kill yourself with than line current

Does anyone know if such an animal exists? I'm looking for a two position switch that would either have a power pole connector on either side of the switch or would be easy enough for a novice like myself to build.
I assume when you say "anderson power pole" you're talking about 12VDC automotive wiring?

If you have a local Makerspace, there should be somebody there who can help you put this together in a project box.

Go back and look at any 12V switch box project article from the Handbook, or QST, QEX, 73 magazine, etc. then simply substitute Power Poles for whatever terminal the author was using at the time.

There is nothing special about Power Poles, they are terminal devices and electrically no different than older tech like binding posts, select the proper ones for the amperage you plan to draw and you will be good GTG (with a good crimp tool).

Physically PP are not perfect, having a tendency to separate without strain relief, but they are convenient and I have used them for many applications.

Good Luck

'73'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom