• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another noise complaint news item. Skeet shooting.

yeah.. 4 miles.. in this area? I call bullshit.. Maybe out west, where the background noise level is really quiet, and you might hear a shot from an adjacent mountain with nothing in between, but not in the relatively flat midwest, this close to civilization.
View attachment 813775
I'd expect this area to be fairly similar to the New England suburbs. I'm 1.5 miles from Angle tree.. I hear nothing.. EVER..
I have lived within 4 miles of 3 different gun ranges. (Braintree, Pembroke and Westford).

I would barely hear anything. I lived closest to Braintree and it wasn't bad at all. At one point I also worked maybe a mile or less from Braintree, and we would go out during break and barely hear shots. Once in a while you could tell someone was having fun but if two people were speaking, the voices would drown the shots out.

This second place was so close, the club was blamed a couple of times for bullet holes in the building.

So I too call BS on the people 4 miles away.

Those opposed to firearms ownership by the little people imagine any detectible amount of noise from a range to be loud and unbearable. Actual measurements done near shooting ranges have shown that the sound a a gunshot from a range is frequently no louder than the slamming of a car door by a next door neighbor - but the knowledge that then noise comes from a gun actually makes it seem louder to the listener.

Properly calibrated sound meters don't lie or imagine. People do.

Gun Range Noise
Eric's well known in the noise world. although I do air quality consulting, there's a close link with noise, and we know a lot of the same folks.

Eric's well known in the noise world. although I do air quality consulting, there's a close link with noise, and we know a lot of the same folks.
I dindu nuttin on that paper; overly generous for him to list me as an author. Perhaps it was because he paid me for not testifying at the Nantucket trial as I was a designated shooter for the testing (they never got to me, and both sides agreed to stipulate as to what my testimony would have been).

ps: It's Erich

It's all BS every year the same loonies in town complain in July about the fireworks and how veterans are scared and hide under their beds, dogs are scared and run away. NOT once has a veteran actually complained or even a dog, it's always the lonely, hateful, loonies trying to speak for "evrybody". I'm actually really sick of it
I love when the soccer moms bitch that their dog is going to be offended by the fireworks. Same dog that barks all day and night and drives me crazy is gonna be butt hurt because I light off fire works for a half hour once a year.

“I have flashbacks of being in a firefight when I hear the gunshots,” one man said. “Every time I hear the guns, I go back to the Cold War,” ‘I live four miles away from the Club, and I can hear the shooting as clear as a bell,’”
The lawsuit is asking for an end to the skeet shooting program and for years of damages for the families affected by the noise.

This reminds me of the maniacs here who said in 2020 "I can't wear a mask. I'm going to pass out. It's impossible to wear a mask and function as a human." LOL

Both arguments are born out of absolute panic and are not rooted in reality.

I love when the soccer moms bitch that their dog is going to be offended by the fireworks. Same dog that barks all day and night and drives me crazy is gonna be butt hurt because I light off fire works for a half hour once a year.
At that point I really don’t GAFF about your little Fluffy. Your ankle biter is my PITA for the balance of the year.

This reminds me of the maniacs here who said in 2020 "I can't wear a mask. I'm going to pass out. It's impossible to wear a mask and function as a human." LOL

Tbf wearing a cuck muzzle was pretty gay

“I have flashbacks of being in a firefight when I hear the gunshots,” one man said. “Every time I hear the guns, I go back to the Cold War,” ‘I live four miles away from the Club, and I can hear the shooting as clear as a bell,’”
The lawsuit is asking for an end to the skeet shooting program and for years of damages for the families affected by the noise.
What firefight during the cold War was he in?

You mean like how.wearing a useless mask is born out of absolute panic?

Tbf wearing a cuck muzzle was pretty gay

You mean like how.wearing a useless mask is born out of absolute panic?

No you revisionist historians. How people here, in the EARLY DAYS of hte pandemic (Soooo. . . . March 2020 - I know that was like, 1/6th of your life for some of you) when people were worried that they might just die from breathing anything (and you all forget those days - those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it) and we were freaking wiping down our groceries because there was no data and lots of death-talk. Back when we were killing dozens of patients in nursing homes all over the place. Remember all that?

Well, there were some here that had an absolute PANIC ATTACK on NES about how they couldn't wear a mask or they'd just pass out and die.

But good that I was able to trigger two of you so easily. Maybe you should take a couple of tablespoons of CalmtheFdown. LOL.

No you revisionist historians. How people here, in the EARLY DAYS of hte pandemic (Soooo. . . . March 2020 - I know that was like, 1/6th of your life for some of you) when people were worried that they might just die from breathing anything (and you all forget those days - those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it) and we were freaking wiping down our groceries because there was no data and lots of death-talk. Back when we were killing dozens of patients in nursing homes all over the place. Remember all that?

Well, there were some here that had an absolute PANIC ATTACK on NES about how they couldn't wear a mask or they'd just pass out and die.

But good that I was able to trigger two of you so easily. Maybe you should take a couple of tablespoons of CalmtheFdown. LOL.
No triggered here. Just amused at you maskurbators!

I thought a real, scientific study came out earlier this year concluded wearing one of those masks can cause acute carbon dioxide poisoning?

Back
Top Bottom