• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Antique radio question

hi guys, this is off topic, but maybe you can help out a fellow NES member because i don't know who else to ask.
i'm selling off some items for my parents and i have a radio from the early 1900s?? that i think is pretty rare.
my parents refer to it as a crystal radio, but it appears to have terminals for a battery, and my research shows crystal radios do not use batteries. i've got it listed on ebay, but i want to make sure my description is right so it gets the most exposure.
my father has some health problems so i'm trying to get as much as i can for it.
any advice would be appreciated.
it was made by B&C Radio Manufacturing in Boston
radio 002.jpg radio 005.jpg

they are on the outer left and right side of the front panel. one side says "battery A" pos and neg and the other is "battery B" pos and neg.
i guess the listing can't be too far off, it's only been on there an hour and already has a $100 bid. however, once again, any advice is appreciated

i saw those posts when i was doing some research last week, and while that radio is very similar to mine, it does not have the battery terminals like mine. i guess i will just add to my ebay description and point out that it has a place to hook up a battery, so it may not be a true crystal radio. thanks for the help

That is a 1 tube radio, not a Crystal Radio. I wish he had posted it here, I would have bought it in a New York Minute!

Back
Top Bottom