Any clubs in central Mass friendly to plastic jug shooting??

Lxpony

NES Member
My current club is strictly paper which gets boring quick. Anyone know of clubs in central Mass that allow more freedom for blasting of reactive targets?

Most clubs I've shot at allow plastic jugs and similar targets as long as the impacts are confined to the proper area. and you clean up after yourself. I know for certain that Westford does.

Ken

You can try Hopkinton Sportsman's Club. I shoot plastic jugs, golf balls and other reactive targets there all the time. As long as you clean up after yourself it's not a problem. After a especially long week at work, I'll bring a piece of telecom equipment to the range and blast the crap out of it. Nothing better to releave stress. [smile]

After a especially long week at work, I'll bring a piece of telecom equipment to the range and blast the crap out of it. Nothing better to releave stress. [smile]
Hmmm... I'm thinking that I've got a couple of CallMaster V's that deserve that treatment... especially after that horror show of a move on Thursday. What (dare I ask) do you particularly shoot at?

Ross, any idea if we can shoot other stuff (like the above mentioned telecom items) at Riverside? I've got an old desktop that needs to get the "Office space" treatment for sure. [smile]

Greg

Ross, any idea if we can shoot other stuff (like the above mentioned telecom items) at Riverside? I've got an old desktop that needs to get the "Office space" treatment for sure. [smile]
I'm pretty sure that we can't, Greg. Wait a sec while I hit the Riverside web site...

As I thought...
There are two (2) outdoor ranges open from 9:00AM until dusk.

* The 100 yard operates independently from the 50/25 yard range
* It is not necessary to make both ranges safe, except if an emergency affects BOTH ranges
* Targets: Paper, Cardboard, Skeet "birds" and plastic jugs are all legal target material.
* Target frames can be made of wood or plastic
* Metal Targets: The only metal allowed is the use of approved silhouette and
"spinner" type targets suitable for the caliber you are shooting
* EXTREME care should be taken to avoid any ricochet condition from any metallic target
* Target must be placed at the backstop as close to the bottom as possible
But since I'll be checking out Harvard this summer and I doubt highly that I'll bother to renew my Riverside membership this winter, I'm not worried about it. I'll find a place to blow those phones to leetle tiny bits at some point. Maybe I'll bring them up to Ripton.

Hmmm... I'm thinking that I've got a couple of CallMaster V's that deserve that treatment... especially after that horror show of a move on Thursday. What (dare I ask) do you particularly shoot at?

Dwarven, it sounds like you and me are in the same line of work. I particularly enjoy blasting some CallMaster IVs and 6400 series phones. Not sure what happened with your move, but from experience, when they go bad they go REALLY bad. Hope it worked out for you.

I was trying to use TTI to swap out a Callmaster IV for a V - and for some reason even after the IV's programming is gone, you can't just plug in a V and get dial tone to TTI the new programming in. [rolleyes] Since I can't beat the idiot who designed it like that (and believe me, he's ALREADY got a beating coming for that funky new handset cord wiring!), I'll just shoot a couple of the phones!

(BTW... the "1" isn't silent - it's pronounced "dwarven one") Or you could just call me Ross.

Ross

Oh, yeah... was at Riverside with the new M1 Carbine (civilian model; don't get all worked up) today and was blowing some detergent bottles around the range for a while. Wheee!! that thing's fun to shoot. Stopped at K&R on the way home to get some more ammo - box of American for about 18.95 and a box of S&B for 17.95. Figure I'll try both.

Last edited:
Dwarven- You sound as if we work at the same company... Do you work in the city of Worcester??

Avaya phones must be fun to blow up!

oh' boy.. looks like we are co-workers...

I will email you tomorrow. We should hook up and good shooting..

Back
Top Bottom