Anyone else having issues not showing logged in on some threads?

I have made additional changes to the caching that should resolve this (hopefully).

While unnerving, this issue is purely cosmetic - if you attempted to do anything requiring user validation (posting, replying, editing password, etc.), the action would not succeed.

With that said, I'll echo @Admin in suggesting that everyone enable 2FA at https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/account/two-step/

The best method is to use 'verification code via app', as if your forum account has been compromised, your email would also likely be compromised... but either method is better than none at all.

Done.

Not completely sure how it works though. I saved the verification numbers. Logged out & back in and it emailed me a different number from what is in the list.
Everything works correctly so...

Thanks.

The list you were initially provided is a set of backup codes which should be stored offline - they are in case you ever lose access to your email.

The hackers have been out in full force since covid hit. I highly suggest two factor authentication for NES. Its built in and will almost 100% prevent your account from going to some New Yorker.

Seriously the security is built in, USE IT
Done

The problem persists: when on the Forum List page, it appears that I am not logged in. (Therefore I cannot access the "Off Topic" forum.) When I reading individual forums, it appears as if I am logged in.

It may take a while for all of the cached content to expire. You can manually clear your browser's cache to force the fix.

The hackers have been out in full force since covid hit. I highly suggest two factor authentication for NES. Its built in and will almost 100% prevent your account from going to some New Yorker.

Seriously the security is built in, USE IT

I did not know that was available.
Done.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom