• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone familiar with this holster?

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

After some disappointment with the selection at the show, someone recommended that to me.

Also, what about those "in my crotch" holsters they had there made of denim? I said "no thanks", because I can't imagine fishing around in my drawers for my pistol when I need it, but a guy walked by while I was looking and said they were great.

I have 2 smartcarry denim holsters and I really like them. I do use them differently than advertised as either I am proportioned wrong or overly sensitive in my 'front' area.

I discovered that if you turn it to the side and wear it just like you would as a regular IWB, it is very comfortable and allows some advantages over a conventional belt type IWB.

1) since it hangs on it's own belt, your pants aren't being pulled down.
2) you can wear it as high or low as you want. You can't wear a belt holster in any way other than that in which it was designed
3) you tuck over it or leave it exposed
4) if you need deep concealment, you can push it below the belt line for total concealment
5) when you sit on the 'throne' it stays up on your waist and you don't need to worry about what to do with it
6)it comes with a built in extra mag pouch - a real freebee if you've priced standalone mag pouches.

Since it's soft, it's very comfortable, has abuilt in sweat shield and is washable.

It also comes with a 30 (or 60?) day np questions asked money back warrentee.

You can still wear it in the front if you want !

No, I"m not a Smartcarry sales rep nor to I play one on TV. I'm just a happy user.

Charlie Parrott is a grweat guy to deal with, fast effiecient service.

www.smartcarry.com

You should check out the holsters at Comp-tac. The IWB holster that is listed on that site, looks just like the "Answer" holster. The answer holster is made of Comp-tac components, with some disadvantages. First, it isn't anywhere as adjustable, and second it is thicker than the C-Tac holster from Comp-tac. I have a C-Tac Holster for all of my carry guns, and am completely happy with it. Take a look at the C-Tac holster. They have a 30 day return policy if you aren't happy with it. Aside from any specialty type holsters, I won't buy anything else.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
You should check out the holsters at Comp-tac. The IWB holster that is listed on that site, looks just like the "Answer" holster. The answer holster is made of Comp-tac components, with some disadvantages. First, it isn't anywhere as adjustable, and second it is thicker than the C-Tac holster from Comp-tac. I have a C-Tac Holster for all of my carry guns, and am completely happy with it. Take a look at the C-Tac holster. They have a 30 day return policy if you aren't happy with it. Aside from any specialty type holsters, I won't buy anything else.

Adam

I looked at those as well. I really don't have a ton of CCW experience beyond a shoulder rig in the military. I was thinking that the leather back would be more comfortable than the kydex on the C-TAC. No?

I have NO comfort issues with this holster. I have concealed my 1911, full size P99, and Kahr K40. If it helps with your decision, I am able to successfully conceal my full size P99 with only a T-shirt.

Really a top quality product, and I would rate their customer service A+

I suggested this same holster to Nickle, and he is as satisfied as I am.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
I have NO comfort issues with this holster. I have concealed my 1911, full size P99, and Kahr K40. If it helps with your decision, I am able to successfully conceal my full size P99 with only a T-shirt.

Really a top quality product, and I would rate their customer service A+

I suggested this same holster to Nickle, and he is as satisfied as I am.

Adam

Does it hold the P99 close enough to your body to avoid the butt end printing problem? I find if I wear the P99 at 4 o clock, it gves me the best concealment I can get with the pistol (with a High Noon Bare Asset), but I still have printing issues with the butt end. I was thinking about trading it for a P99/SW99 compact, but if this holster does the trick, I'd look at it. BTW, I also have a Wilderness belt.

Mark,
I carry my P99 between 3-3:30 on my waist. With the cant adjusted properly, the butt of the gun will not print..

I'll see if I can get the woman to take a pic or 2 of the gun under a T-shirt so you can get an idea.

Adam

tele_mark said:
Adam, which clip system did you buy with the holster? I think I'm going to order one and can't decide between the standard and the C-clip.

Don't buy the J-clip. I actually recommend you call the guy at CTAC and ask him. He's a decent guy to talk to.

I have the C clip on all of mine. I did just what Nickle recommended for you. I called and talked to the owner of the company. The J clips were designed specifically for Air Marshals, and they are not the recommended clips for this holster, however they Air Marshals needed invisible clips from a tucked in shirt, this was the answer. But do yourself a favor, and give them a call.. They are all great folks, and will take whatever time you need!

Also, their mag carriers are the best I have used as well. Solid one piece construction, with a special little notch in the clip that allows it to ride in EXACTLY the right position against your belt loop!

Adam

I have the C clip on all of mine. I did just what Nickle recommended for you. I called and talked to the owner of the company. The J clips were designed specifically for Air Marshals, and they are not the recommended clips for this holster, however they Air Marshals needed invisible clips from a tucked in shirt, this was the answer. But do yourself a favor, and give them a call.. They are all great folks, and will take whatever time you need!

Also, their mag carriers are the best I have used as well. Solid one piece construction, with a special little notch in the clip that allows it to ride in EXACTLY the right position against your belt loop!

Adam

Thanks Adam, just ordered one! Even if it doesn't work, I'll have a quality holster if I end up having to trade the P99 for a compact. It'll also solve my IDPA problem for the upcoming Riverside class.

I have 2 CrossBreed holsters for the 1911 and find them to be very comfortable. The leather against the body is nice and the kydex holds the gun securely. The price is very reasonable. He does not make a holster for the P99 at this time. I have a Milt Sparks VMII for that and it works very well. Also the VM II is very comfortable but not as comfortable as the CrossBreed holsters I have. The VM II is a very fine piece of workmanship but it costs more than double the CrossBreed holsters. The CrossBreed holsters are very functional and well made.

Back
Top Bottom