• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone familiar with this trigger lock designed for the AR15? ***Review added

Ours never left the station unless there was a reason. We were lucky they gave us fresh ammo every year....much less an AR...

I know this is a really old thread, but I think it is worth reviving. Has anyone else bought this lock. I went to the company's website and they show it, but there is no way to buy it.

It is really pathetic that a lock like this one, which can be opened with a any simple handcuff key, is Mass approved.

It is number 25 on the list:

The problem with conventional trigger locks is that they can be removed by simply taking the winter guard off.

I was about to make the same observation.

I was about to make the same observation.

I won't go into the handcuff key issue as I have seen a Master lock trigger lock picked with a nail.

I believe this unit wraps around and covers the bottom of the trigger guard or at least is made to stop the plastic part of the trigger guard from being removed.

looks to me like you could just knock out the pins of the trigger gaurd and the thing would fall right out. Not exactly secure. [thinking]

I don't see what you see. Even though the pins are gone, which way is the lock going to go? Not down, because it is fatter at the top. It won't go left or right because of the trigger.

I didn't post to the thread to get peoples opinions about the quality. All trigger locks can be compromised in fairly short order.

I wanted to know if any one was able to recently buy one.

I purchased one (I may have already mentioned that in the thread). It is a good lock. Very convenient (I have handcuff keys all over the house) and very quick to remove.

A lock like this serves only two purposes...to be compliant with the law and to discourage little children. No trigger lock will stop a determined individual...they simply are not designed for that purpose.

I purchased one (I may have already mentioned that in the thread). It is a good lock. Very convenient (I have handcuff keys all over the house) and very quick to remove.

A lock like this serves only two purposes...to be compliant with the law and to discourage little children. No trigger lock will stop a determined individual...they simply are not designed for that purpose.

Thanks for adding to the thread. I hoped you would see it. Did you have to call to buy one or could you order it from the web? Currently they show it on their website, but there is no way to buy it from the web. I wonder if it is a dead product?

Ok, thanks. I'll be doing that in the morning. Do you find it quick to remove? Especially if you use a long handcuff key? And will it fall out if you remove the winter guard?

Didn't the SCOTUS just rule that requiring trigger locks was unconstitutional?

Now... I know that MA will say that does not apply to them... but that just simply takes one case to go to the Supreme Court.

However, the wording the the US ruling was very clear on that point, and the MA courts would have a hard time having a conviction hold based on that.

Not saying I want to be the test case, or asking that anyone else take that risk... just a statement. [wink]

That's brilliant. The least they could do is put that information on their website.

A search of the Mass General Laws didn't turn up anything.

Since a handcuff key is nothing but a single lug disk tumber key, that might be used for any of hundreds of devices, I can't see how it could be outlawed.

Back
Top Bottom