Anyone Have a Great Source for Remington Actions?

I'm looking for any good sources for Rem. 700 actions. I looked at Brownells. Their prices seem insane to me, and the supply was limited.

Thanks!

Its a consideration, but is REALLY expensive!

I'm trying to find a rifle in 6.5 x 55 that's more a varminter setup. 24" or better heavy barrel, like a wood stock with a beaver tail style forearm, but it's not a requirement.

Can't find that caliber with a heavy barrel. Tikka supposedly makes their varminter in it, but not in the US. It's funny, this is one of the most popular rounds in Europe, but it's never caught on here. What a sweet round though!

It's funny, this is one of the most popular rounds in Europe, but it's never caught on here. What a sweet round though!

One of my favorites. Have you considered buying a Swedish Mauser and having it rebuilt with new barrel & stock? You can find really nice ones for $300 or so, but it is very possible to find one that bubba has sporterized for a lot less money. I'm sure heavy barrels can be bought in 6.5 by Shilen, Adams & Bennet, etc.. The stock would probably be the most expensive item.

You might consider going to your local "big box" store and buying the economy model. Walmart used to offer same for less than $300.
Since you're likely to be dealing with a gunsmith to complete the project, you might ask him for possible sources. One of the larger gunshops might have something in the back with a damaged stock or barrel.
Look into the various target shooters' forums. You might find a "shot out" target rifle just waiting to be rebarreled. High power rifle competitors frequently upgrade their equipment and might be a good source for a "starter" rifle.

Back
Top Bottom