Anyone have a Hearthstone Heritage wood stove?

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
We have a Tribute 8040 in our 1250sf house near Sunapee. It is their smallest soapstone stove, rated at 36,000 BTU's and about 20,000 BTU continuous. It will keep the house warm into the -teens but it has to be maxed-out, so we have to feed it ever 2-3 hours. They say burn time is up to 5 hours but even with Red Oak we haven't ever gotten much over 3, though there are plenty of coals at 3 hours.

I'd like to go to the Heritage 8022, which has nearly double the size of firebox. Max BTU is 55,000. They say it will burn up to 8 hours. I'd like to be able to throttle it down to run from 10 or 11pm to 6am without having to get up.

Anyone have one and what is your real world experience?

Try hearth.com
You will find the answer to your among the moonbats.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Also, burn time isn't measured as active flames. It is measured by having enough coals to restart a fire

My insert has a 1.4 cf firebox - I feel your pain with midnight reloads.
During the day we run pine and save the hardwoods for overnight.

I have one. It will heat my 2500sf home at -20f in Northwest Maine. Reliable burn time 11pm to 6am...I usually add a log to extend that time during my mid-overnight bathroom run.....BTW my chimney sweep HATES hearthstones due to the design they are a bitch to sweep...
zocmfq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom