• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Air Pistols?

My son was recently given 2 older air pistols and I was wondering if they are just toys from a generation ago or not?

The first looks like the offspring of a Finnish Lahti / Colt Woodsman. It is a Plainsman 175 by Healthways. It is a CO2 BB gun. The CO2 catridge (in the grip) is very small (2 1/2" long) compared to anything I've ever seen. It has an on/off saftey switch and loads BBS through a trap door at the back of the slide area. I've never heard of the company nor seen this unattractive looking gun ever before.

The second is a Daisy 177 Cal, Western Style Single Action BB gun. It is an old spring loaded revolver looking gun...no CO2 for this one. The BBs are loaded and spring fed down a tub under the barrel.

Any info is great. I just don't want to see him ruin an old collectible by plinking with it. And if they are just that plinkers, where would he get the small CO2 cartridges? Are they available? I've never seen such a small one before. Thanks

Some Wal-Marts sell the CO2 cartridges in multi-packs. Typically if they sell bb guns (if they still sell them) or supplies they will have them.

Can't help on the other questions.

If I had a nickle for every time a bb bounced off something (that I shouldn't have been shooting) and whacked me, when I was younger, I could have bought a good pellet gun. I wouldn't turn a kid loose with a bb gun, too dangerous. There are lots of good pellet guns out there and the pellets will not bounce back.
Get him some safety glasses also. A co-worker's 15 yr. old nephew has recently lost partial vision in one eye from a careless moment with an airsoft pistol.

Back
Top Bottom